Question: where to watch the game in Mannheim / Frankfurt Germany

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I know everyone hates this, but I'm completely serious. Our neighbor is a student in Tuscaloosa, but leaving for a study abroad program and has to be in Mannheim on January 4. Anyone have any suggestions for a safe and friendly place where she can watch the game, especially considering that it won't kick off till about 2 a.m. local time?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I know everyone hates this, but I'm completely serious. Our neighbor is a student in Tuscaloosa, but leaving for a study abroad program and has to be in Mannheim on January 4. Anyone have any suggestions for a safe and friendly place where she can watch the game, especially considering that it won't kick off till about 2 a.m. local time?
Does she have any ties to the armed forces? I know they will carry it. I'll ask my SIL in Stuttgart...

boatmax

Scout Team
Sep 10, 2004
Guntersvliie, AL
If all else fails, I have an account with a VPN SERVER in the US, which gives me an IP address in Miami, FL. I live in Ecuador, and can now get any streaming video, including NETFLIX. I use STRONGVPN.COM
Roll Tide

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Thanks, Boss. She has no military ties, but was actually hoping perhaps the military personnel would have a regular bar or restaurant staked out.
Is she willing to drive to Frankfurt to see it. It's about an hour, but it's a good Autobahn, albeit one of the most heavily traveled in Germany. As I said, I'll check my SIL...

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I'm sure she'd take the trip up the road if there was a chance to see the game in safety with some real Alabama fans. She refers to her trip to the SEC Championship game as "the greatest night of my life". For a girl with no Alabama ties she's come a long way in a couple of years.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I expect they will have the game streamed at the officers club or NCO club. These facilities in Kaiserlautern would probably be closer than Frankfurt. It all on the autobahn so speeding is OK. When I lived in Frankfurt the master-at-arms would allow young ladies into either club. Frankfurt's officer club used to have a Keller Bar under the club which is quite good. Don't know if it is still there.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I expect they will have the game streamed at the officers club or NCO club. These facilities in Kaiserlautern would probably be closer than Frankfurt. It all on the autobahn so speeding is OK. When I lived in Frankfurt the master-at-arms would allow young ladies into either club. Frankfurt's officer club used to have a Keller Bar under the club which is quite good. Don't know if it is still there.
Hadn't thought about Kaiserslautern. That would be a little closer and it's not as big and intimidating as driving into Frankfurt...

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
If all fails, with a little savvy you can watch it online. So you could be in Timbuktu with a computer and a connection and watch the game.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
same as gandalff. if she/he (i wasn't paying attention) can't find a way, i have a website that will have the game.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
I work for the Army out here at Redstone Arsenal and deal with most of the Army units in Germany. I'll send a few of my friends an email to see what's up. There are many Bama fans there and I'm sure she would be safe. If I here from them, I'll PM you.

3 tide tats

1st Team
Apr 3, 2006
Lee "freakin" County!!!
I have friends in Russelsheim and Floresheim (I will be going February for Fasching :) I will ask them but only chance might be espn 360 or something of that nature. I doubt they will have it I asked them before about that

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.