Game Thread: Alamo Bowl: Texas vs. Oregon St.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Kind of amazing to me how Oregon St. never made the adjustment to get extra blockers on pass protection.
Riley should at least have rolled his QB out of the pocket or something..Give the WR's time to get open..Oh well..At least The Horns win just enough to keep Mack around another year..I imagine the Horn Fans are :banghead: right about now..

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Horrible coaching job by Riley. Keeping Vaz in at qb was unacceptable. The kid played poorly all game.

Allowing Okafor to go one on one with the right tackle was secondary to his other huge blunders.

Honestly thought he was a better coach than that...

StatHaldol

Scout Team
Oct 23, 2011
Lake Darbonne, Louisiana
Horrible coaching job by Riley. Keeping Vaz in at qb was unacceptable. The kid played poorly all game.

Allowing Okafor to go one on one with the right tackle was secondary to his other huge blunders.

Yes, and the clock management at half was horrible. The refs may have blown it but he had a timeout left, surely he could see the clock was running.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Honestly..I thought he was a better coach than that as well..It almost looked like he coached to lose the game on purpose..That was just horrible coaching..

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
Bad job by Riley as others have said.

I love hearing Chris Spielman call a game. He's one of the best analysts around. I'd have to put him in my top 3. I just love the Xs and Os.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
Mike Riley is a terrible coach. I've said for years now out here that he needs to be fired, but the Oregon State faithful won't listen. Most seem to think he is the best they can get. I disagree. Dennis Erickson did a great job while he was in Corvallis and there's always a hungry young coach out there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.