Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Brian Kelly post practice (12/29)

In case any Tide fans are curious as to how the other half lives....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhUHh...e_gdata_player

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Brian Kelly post practice (12/29)

I only watched 10 minutes. He's not going to give away any strategy. Kelly is an upper echelon coach and he'll have ND ready.

CBK seems to be following the Nick Saban formula for preparing for a NC game.

While I believe Coach Saban is clearly the best coach in college football, I don't think Alabama has a huge "x's and o's" advantage because he's our coach. Alabama's advantage is in having recruited better, having more depth, having a better QB, and having been to the dance before. The team with the best players usually wins.

ND may be hungrier and a team of destiny. Any team can win on a given day, but I believe Alabama wins 4 out of 5 times ... or more.

Thanks for posting the link.

BamaNation First Team im4uainva's Avatar
    My Mood
    Vilified on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Go Bama View Post

ND may be hungrier and a team of destiny. Any team can win on a given day, but I believe Alabama wins 4 out of 5 times ... or more.

Thanks for posting the link.
    I agree with you. My concern is falling prey to the '1 out of 5'. I have confidence in the team I back, it's the intangibles that jump up to spoil the party. And they always scare the heck out of me.
    Roll Tide, Roll...A'ight!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Thanks for sharing. I watched it entirely. CBK seems like a good guy.

Any player interviews you can provide?
    "Um, that's just like, your opinion, man."

- The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Nolcbear View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I watched it entirely. CBK seems like a good guy.

Any player interviews you can provide?
    Here you go:

http://youtu.be/ANXejJPizCU

and here is Everett Golson and Theo Riddick talking about a big play in the Oklahoma game:

http://youtu.be/gdLJeZrWmVU

This clip gives you a look at Golson's arm strength, and at Chris Brown, the fastest player on the team (a freshman, not yet a starter).
    Last edited by ND Philosopher; December 30th, 2012 at 07:53 AM.

BamaNation Second Team mhiggy45's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

could only get through 6 minutes. he just does'nt hold my attention like when cns is working a presser. only my opinion, no smack intended towards you domer guests.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar

I imagine CBK is thinking, privately of course how to put into words the impending total domination the Irish will experience a few days from now.

Perhaps he should speak with CMD of Michigan State. I'm thinking the final result will be similar to his experience with the Tide following the 2010 season. 11-1 Big 10 Co-Champions and blown smack out despite CNS trying to take it easy on Sparty. I don't expect the same level of mercy against ND.
    Last edited by JPT4Bama; December 30th, 2012 at 11:38 AM.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Brian Kelly post practice (12/29)

Quote Originally Posted by JPT4Bama View Post
    I imagine CBK is thinking, privately of course how to put into words the impending total domination the Irish will experience a few days from now. He should speak with CMD of Michigan State. I'm thinking the final result will be similar.
    The "4th and goal punt" and all...
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation First Team

These things are such a controlled environment, it is very hard to glean info of actual value. First of all, neither of the coaches are going to talk anything remotely resembling smack, and both these teams have the kind of discipline that prevents players from saying anything that the opposing coach can key off on game day. So you are down to respectful vanilla, and the obvious stuff about want to run and stop the run, pass and stop the pass, not give up the ball &tc. I find it tolerable in our coach but not interesting from the other guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Bama View Post
    I only watched 10 minutes. He's not going to give away any strategy. Kelly is an upper echelon coach and he'll have ND ready.

Alabama's advantage is in having recruited better, having more depth, having a better QB, and having been to the dance before. The team with the best players usually wins.

I disagree with the assertion in bold above. I am sure every 'Bama fan would have said McCarron was better than Manziel before the TAMU game as well. McCarron may make few mistakes but no way does he have the arm or legs that Golson does. McCarron was better than the Everett Golson of the first five games this year. Golson is better than McCarron now. I honestly believe that will be demonstrated on Jan 7. More than any other ND player, I think Golson is going to be your ruin.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Jacky View Post
    I disagree with the assertion in bold above. I am sure every 'Bama fan would have said McCarron was better than Manziel before the TAMU game as well. McCarron may make few mistakes but no way does he have the arm or legs that Golson does. McCarron was better than the Everett Golson of the first five games this year. Golson is better than McCarron now. I honestly believe that will be demonstrated on Jan 7. More than any other ND player, I think Golson is going to be your ruin.
    You do realize that he's the #1 rated QB in the land in passing efficiency and Golson is ranked #63, even with improvement? I've watched a fair amount of all three now and I find it quite an overreach to say that Golson's arm is better than McCarron's when there's just no evidence for it. That's just silly. "Golson is going to be your ruin" is pretty close to the smack we don't allow from rival fans and would be better kept on ND boards...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Jacky View Post
    It's not April 1st so you clearly must be joking. I would take McCarron blindfolded over Golson. #1 in passing efficiency over #63. I'll take my chances. Roll Tide.

Sorry, I didn't mean the "ruin" comment to be smack; more an expression of confidence.

As to the QB's: I have watched both QB's as well. I've probably watched Golson more than you and you have no doubt watched McCarron more than me. I assume there is no argument concerning their respective leg speed/elusiveness. We'll just have to disagree about arm strength. I don't think the "efficiency" says much: your run-based offensive scheme doesn't rely on your QB the way our offense does. Also, Golson's stats are distorted by his "learning curve" during the first half of the season. Golson is more like Manziel than any other QB you have faced this year. I'm very comfortable in my opinion of him versus your guy. I wouldn't trade QB's with you.