Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Kenny Bell injury question

I am seeing Kenny runninng and on the bike in some of the videos. I know he has a ways to go to cutting and being full speed. But is it safe to say he is on his way to a full recovery?
    Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    - General George Patton

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Yeah it is, but I doubt he plays in the BCSCG.

BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: Kenny Bell injury question

Sure. I was just worried from hearing he had to have a plate and all that there would be complications.
    Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    - General George Patton

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

He's limping noticeably but I'm amazed how far he's come so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Knight View Post
    I am seeing Kenny runninng and on the bike in some of the videos. I know he has a ways to go to cutting and being full speed. But is it safe to say he is on his way to a full recovery?
    With a fibula fracture, there's a very high probability he'll return to 100%. From the limp, I'm guessing that he had some displacement with soft tissue damage. That's painful and will make you limp. If it were just a crack in the bone, I'd think he wouldn't be limping at this point. The limp makes his participation doubtful...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Well, regardless of when he plays again, I just hope he does. And that he has a full recovery!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    With a fibula fracture, there's a very high probability he'll return to 100%. From the limp, I'm guessing that he had some displacement with soft tissue damage. That's painful and will make you limp. If it were just a crack in the bone, I'd think he wouldn't be limping at this point. The limp makes his participation doubtful...
    Do you think the crack itself is healed all the way at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Do you think the crack itself is healed all the way at this point?
    My guess is that it's really more than just a crack, or he'd probably be ready to go. However, if the fracture were displaced and chewed up some soft tissue, they reduced the fracture when they put in the rod and the actual bone is probably healed now, given how fast youngsters heal. However, if the fibula were displaced and moved around causing muscle/ligament damage, that could inhibit his performance more than the broken bone. The neighbor I mentioned much earlier was actually trying to jog with his broken fibula, back when they seldom intervened with a broken fibula. He finally couldn't take the pain...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I just hope we don't need him like Black during the SECCG. Available but all cylinders clicking anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    I just hope we don't need him like Black during the SECCG. Available but all cylinders clicking anyway.
    Black is ready to go. It's just the RS issue...

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Black is ready to go. It's just the RS issue...
    I hope it stays that way.

BamaNation First Team marcusroby's Avatar

The competition level in the program right now is such that the players really work themselves to get back ob the field. They also have a top notch staff of trainers and doctors working with them. These players do not want to get passed by or miss reps at all. This is a hungry group of guys. I love it.

BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

I'm hoping we don't need him in the NC game which would indicate the Tide was doing fine without him and beating ND. Soft tissue injuries can be much worse than a broken bone. One time, while skiing in Austria, I had a bad fall and, after coming down the mountain on a ski patrol gurney (great fun actually), I was treated by the emergency physician. After x-rays, he just told me in German that it was a pity I didn't break my leg. Turned out to be an achilles tendon injury and a week in the hospital.
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag