Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Suspended
    My Mood
    Shocked on TideFans.com

I Believe Alabama Needs a New AD

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Yah, we won, what four different national championships last year?

I'm no CMM worshipper, but acting as if he's easily replaceable is a bit short-sighted, imo. Good ADs are like good FB coaches - there are very few.

"Be careful what you ask for." - Art Alexakis
    The voice of reason. Like usual.

2. Advertisement

Re: I Believe Alabama Needs a New AD

Quote Originally Posted by bamanut_aj View Post
    Coach Moore signed off on the CAG hire; he did NOT do the legwork.

Coach Murphy did his own fund raising for the softball stadium.

Our baseball team has the WORST facilities in the SEC...

Our women's bball....don't even go there

Coach Moore gets to hang his hat in the Saban hire, and he lucked out on that when RichRod pulled his stunt.

I don't often agree with the OP on a lot of things, but I am definitely no CMM worshiper like I'm seeing here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not calling for his firing, but I'm not a huge fan, either. Maybe wish him a nice retirement when his contract is up.

BamaNation All-SEC CrimsonForce's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    I'm not calling for his firing, but I'm not a huge fan, either. Maybe wish him a nice retirement when his contract is up.
    I could understand someone saying this, but saying to fire the man is a little crazy to me. If all he ever did in his tenure was hire CNS, that would be enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTide13 View Post
    The voice of reason. Like usual.
    If he is a "Good AD" then why are BOTH our Basketball Programs in their current state???

CMM is a Football Guy, and if that is all you want, so be it. But why not aspire to Excellence across the Board?

BamaNation All-American

We've had some terrible threads this past week but this one tops them all.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    I could understand someone saying this, but saying to fire the man is a little crazy to me. If all he ever did in his tenure was hire CNS, that would be enough for me.
    THIS, THIS mentality is the problem

BamaNation All-American

TGP -

I agree that both men's and women's basketball are under-achieving. I'm not so sure, however, that a change in the AD's office would fix that.

You've advocated firing Mal Moore. That's a pretty radical position. But I respect your tenure here, and your previous posts, so I'm willing to listen. Please tell us:

1. What, specifically, is wrong with the current administration, especially given 4 NCs and a near miss on a fifth in the immediately preceding year,

2. Who, specifically, you would suggest starting over with, and

3. Why you believe the specifically named person would do a better overall job than the incumbent, Mal Moore.

It's one thing to advocate a change in a fit of private piqué. It's entirely another to act on the short-term emotion and live with the long-term consequences.

A publicly-stated position like this, from a person of your stature, begs more than a little explanation.
    Last edited by 4Q Basket Case; December 30th, 2012 at 08:23 PM.
    Undefeated World Champion Threadkiller

I love us.

BamaNation All-SEC CrimsonForce's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TrueGritnPluck View Post
    If he is a "Good AD" then why are BOTH our Basketball Programs in their current state???

CMM is a Football Guy, and if that is all you want, so be it. But why not aspire to Excellence across the Board?
    Its not like he is not trying. Its hard to get to the top. Why do the vast majority of schools not have one program like our football program? We won 4 national championships last year. How many would we have to win for him to be considered a "good AD?"

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

This thread overflows with win.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TrueGritnPluck View Post
    THIS, THIS mentality is the problem
    OK, so we can CMM- who do YOU hire to replace him?
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Look- no one is more disappointed in where the basketball program now resides. There are many reasons for that. I will give Mal Moore credit for a couple of things- he went out and hired what was considered to be one of the best coaches available in Anthony Grant. Spent decent money doing it as well. Then built him a state of the art practice facility. That is pretty good support from a "football" guy. Showing up at more games would be good but probably will not happen. I would blame him for the basketball team's mediocre to bad performance.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

ok, so why is this still in the football forum