I Believe Alabama Needs a New AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
One who CARES About Basketball

This is not intended as a vote on Coach Grant, but as an indictment on an AD who does very little to help our Basketball Program

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
Does this need to be in the football forum? If the response is that you put it here instead of the bball forum so more people will see it then I feel like you already know how most people feel.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

This is not intended as a vote on Coach Grant, but as an indictment on an AD who does very little to help our Basketball Program
If you are going to come here and make a statement like this how about some specifics. What does he do or not do? I for one think Mal has been great for Alabama athletics but please enlighten us.

BAMA JAMMA

Scout Team
Oct 28, 2007
Riiiiiight.

I can't thank Mal enough for all he's done for the University.

Let's put aside all the other accolades we've won over the years in our other programs and focus on our struggling BB program and blame it all on the AD.....

Please.

Last edited:

Condor 63

Scout Team
Oct 6, 2003
Birmingham, AL
home.bham.rr.com
I tend to think Coach Mal has been very supportive of Bama basketball both with words of support and by putting his behind in seats at games. I haven't been to too many hoops games that I didn't see him out on the concourse shaking hands with the fans.

I have been negative on him in the past but mostly on stuff like hiring the Shula and Price "not ready for prime time" coach types for one of the most important football jobs in the country.

Clearly he made an honest attempt to get us a great basketball coach. It just hasn't worked out for us so far. Hopefully it will.

JMHO.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
Maybe, but Mal has a few more things on his plate. You ARE aware that he's overseeing a multi-million dollar operation, aren't you?
You are Aware that a Successful - even Competitive - Men's Basketball Program is one of the FEW revenue generating Programs in Tuscaloosa?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Its almost impossible to sustain basketball and football at a high level at the same school for a long period of time. Not sure why that is though. I would much prefer to have out football program where it is.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
You are Aware that a Successful - even Competitive - Men's Basketball Program is one of the FEW revenue generating Programs in Tuscaloosa?

Yep, and I'm also aware that CAG was considered good enough to replace Billy Donovan as the Gator HC when BD was gonna be the Magic coach. That was on the heels of the Gators back o back NCs.

BTW, Cag has taken us to the final game of the NIT, that's pretty competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.