I Believe Alabama Needs a New AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
Yep, and I'm also aware that CAG was considered good enough to replace Billy Donovan as the Gator HC when BD was gonna be the Magic coach. That was on the heels of the Gators back o back NCs.

BTW, Cag has taken us to the final game of the NIT, that's pretty competitive.
So now just being "Competitive" is enough??

BAMA JAMMA

Scout Team
Oct 28, 2007
I don't think the men's team is dismal now.
You're right and it isn't. I should of used a better word but compared to our FB program, for which the OP is seeming to do, it certainly is night and day.

i gave up long ago hoping to have ALL of our programs on top at once. It just doesn't happen. Would it be nice? Sure it would but the odds of that happening are slim to none. However we have done great in many of the other programs so I'm not sure where the OP's Mal Moore angst is coming from. A bit short-sided to pin the BB program all on Mal's feet when so many other programs are doing good winning championships and being competitive.

As long as our AD makes solid hires and does his part I don't have an issue. I can't blame injuries, team chemistry or the weather on Mal Moore and neither should anyone else. The man has done a lot for the University and to say he should be fired because our BB is not what we had hoped is just crazy talk IMHO.

Last edited:
You're right and it isn't. I should of used a better word but compared to our FB program, for which the OP is seeming to do, it certainly is night and day.

i gave up long ago hoping to have ALL of our programs on top at once. It just doesn't happen. Would it be nice? Sure it would but the odds of that happening are slim to none. However we have done great in many of the other programs so I'm not sure where the OP's Mal Moore angst is coming from.

As long as our AD makes solid hires and does his part I don't have an issue. I can't blame injuries, team chemistry or the weather on Mal Moore and neither should anyone else. The man has done a lot for the University and to say he should be fired because our BB is not what we had hoped is just crazy talk IMHO.
I understand where you are coming from. I remember having great basketball and football teams when Horry was in school and Wimp the coach and Stallings with football. I'm frustrated myself.

Whammer Jammer

1st Team
Dec 1, 2002
High Point,NC
Grant is a good hire at a badly supported basketball school. We have our solid fans but the BBall program is down the list of programs to support. I live in North Carolina and have never had a problem buying a ticket to attend the game at regular price when in the area. I have never been to a game recently when Coleman was packed. In 1972 to 76 that was not the case. Alabama basketball like Rome was not built in a day!

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Coach Moore signed off on the CAG hire; he did NOT do the legwork.

Coach Murphy did his own fund raising for the softball stadium.

Our baseball team has the WORST facilities in the SEC...

Our women's bball....don't even go there

Coach Moore gets to hang his hat in the Saban hire, and he lucked out on that when RichRod pulled his stunt.

I don't often agree with the OP on a lot of things, but I am definitely no CMM worshiper like I'm seeing here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
If you are going to come here and make a statement like this how about some specifics. What does he do or not do? I for one think Mal has been great for Alabama athletics but please enlighten us.
I am sure Coach Moore wishes the best for UA - but I also believe he is part of that "Old School" element who thinks Basketball success can potentially be damaging to UA Football

See the Coach Sanderson years for example

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I am sure Coach Moore wishes the best for UA - but I also believe he is part of that "Old School" element who thinks Basketball success can potentially be damaging to UA Football

See the Coach Sanderson years for example
That doesn't make any sense. I guess we'll just agree to disagree. I would like some more specifics though. How could our basketball program being good damage our football program?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Yah, we won, what four different national championships last year?

I'm no CMM worshipper, but acting as if he's easily replaceable is a bit short-sighted, imo. Good ADs are like good FB coaches - there are very few.

"Be careful what you ask for." - Art Alexakis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.