Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Alabama's RB duo surges to South Beach

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...to-south-beach

Love this:
    “Whoever you play, they’re coming to play, and they’re going to hit you,” Lacy said. “Limiting the carries limits those hits and allows your body to recover.”

That became very obvious in the SEC championship game against Georgia. Those four fresh legs churned out 334 of Alabama’s title-game record 350 rushing yards. The two embarrassed Georgia’s front and left the Bulldogs gassed.

And that’s what the two hope they do against No. 1 Notre Dame in the Discover BCS National Championship. While the Irish own the nation’s No. 4 rushing defense, there’s no doubt this will be a very tall task for that unit.

Thanks to a punishing persona, Alabama is averaging an SEC-best 6.2 yards per carry on designed runs and 4.2 yards before contact. Tide rushers have made it at least 5 yards past the line of scrimmage without being touched on 35.1 percent of their designed runs, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

On designed, downhill runs up the gut, Alabama averages 6.6 yards per carry with about one in every five attempts going for at least 10 yards, according to ESPN Stats & Information.
    Ridiculous numbers. We're witnessing something rarely seen in the HISTORY of CFB...

RTR
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alabama's RB duo surges to South Beach

I don"t think Coach Burton Burns gets near the credit he deserves. I know around here his contributions are appreciated. I guess that he isn"t a co-ordinator keeps him out of the asst of the year awards, although I think he is very deserving. RTR

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tug Tide View Post
    I don"t think Coach Burton Burns gets near the credit he deserves.
    I agree 100% - he gets NO PRESS yet he continues to take guys to the next level. Sure, he has ridiculous talent to work with, but a few other schools do, too. Ask yourself this - when was the last time we scored a 'great' RB that turned out to be a dud? Happens everywhere but Alabama. That's coaching.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Bama has some special backs. No doubt. Look at the season's stats. This offense was awesome. Closing in on 3,000 yards rushing AND passing. Who expected that?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Taking nothing from our backs or coach burns, averaging 4.2 yards before contact seems more like a stat that the O-Line should get credit for than anyone else.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Taking nothing from our backs or coach burns, averaging 4.2 yards before contact seems more like a stat that the O-Line should get credit for than anyone else.
    Yeah the line is super good when that is happening. Plus, they absorb contact as runners too. Fantastic!!
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

What should be scary to our rival fans..The recruiting class Coach Saban is putting together in this years class..On paper..Could be our best RB Class we've ever signed..The best just keeps getting better..

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    What should be scary to our rival fans..The recruiting class Coach Saban is putting together in this years class..On paper..Could be our best RB Class we've ever signed..The best just keeps getting better..
    Looks like it!!
    ROLL TIDE!