Will ND go the hurry up offense route?

It isn't that you are always victim to these, it is that it requires this sort of performance to derail Alabama right now. Other teams falter/fall to lesser teams because they are not focused or simply not as good/deep as advertised. Alabama seems to be prepared every week, has great depth and is motivated - so it takes this sort of performance. Frankly, you remember them because they are the only "blips" in the last 2 seasons, in which you are completely destroying every team that doesn't get this sort of performance from their QB. The lone exception - the regular season game against LSU last year - a game lost as a result of 5 missed FGs.

What does that tell us? That Alabama can lose, but it will take one of those type of games for it to happen.
You didn't see Garcia did you?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You didn't see Garcia did you?
Yes, I did. He was a below average QB throughout his college career except for that one game. In that game, he played like Joe Montana. What in my post makes you think that I did not see that game?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You didn't mention it. Lol
Yeah, I was really talking about the last 2 seasons. The USCe games was in 2010, when Alabama played way below its potential. Still boggles my mind to think that what might have been Alabama's most talented team under Saban lost 3 games that season.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Yeah, I was really talking about the last 2 seasons. The USCe games was in 2010, when Alabama played way below its potential. Still boggles my mind to think that what might have been Alabama's most talented team under Saban lost 3 games that season.
Dfinitely the most talented. It took a monumental game from Garcia and an historic comeback from the barn for two of those losses.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
My thought is they can not come close to duplicating the speed and precision that A & M and Ole Miss does the hurry up and we are used to seeing this type of offense. I don't see them changing their team identity for something they do not do and something we have seen.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
I don't think it will make much difference. ND has not exactly been an offensive juggarnaut this season and I don't expect that they will become one against the best defense they've seen all year.

InsaneMustang

1st Team
Jul 30, 2001
I just wrote in the other thread that they may try it to catch Mosley off the field and pick on the two base ILBs...
I did not see that thread, sorry.

I think you're right, they may try and catch us with too many men on the field at some point as well.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I don't think it will make much difference. ND has not exactly been an offensive juggarnaut this season and I don't expect that they will become one against the best defense they've seen all year.
Exactly, Mac. Both them and us are gonna be "what we are and have been" in this game. Nothing crazy. I believe ND will use tempo occasionally when they #1 like the personnel match ups or #2 get a big play and have us a little on our heels.

This is where watching film and studying tendencies is huge. When they go tempo what routes are employed and where do they like to put the ball? Knowing these things may enable us into baiting the HUNH with a coverage they like, only to jump a route we knew was coming.

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
This. I think the idea with mixing in no-huddle against Alabama is to offset the advantage that the Tide has in depth over just about every team in America. The no-huddle doesn't allow you to bring in new defensive lineman. We are pretty thin on the O-Line right now, so it wouldn't shock me to see a little more than it sounds like although that hinders our ability to shorten the game.
Is it short because of injuries? I hadn't heard of anything, didnt know if it was something new or just short because of past recruiting issues.

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
It isn't that you are always victim to these, it is that it requires this sort of performance to derail Alabama right now. Other teams falter/fall to lesser teams because they are not focused or simply not as good/deep as advertised. Alabama seems to be prepared every week, has great depth and is motivated - so it takes this sort of performance. Frankly, you remember them because they are the only "blips" in the last 2 seasons, in which you are completely destroying every team that doesn't get this sort of performance from their QB. The lone exception - the regular season game against LSU last year - a game lost as a result of 5 missed FGs.

What does that tell us? That Alabama can lose, but it will take one of those type of games for it to happen.
What is the one reason that Bama lost to those teams that everyone is overlooking??? Bama's d wasn't as good the seasons we lost to them. Take their same players and Bama's 2011 d and how many does Bama lose? 2010 and this years Bama's d isnt as good as it has been. I don't think au wins in 2010 either with 2011's d.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.