Will Notre Dame Even Score a Touchdown?

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
This is the type of thread I expect during the week of a cupcake game, not the national championship. This is an ignorant question full of arrogance.
I don't get it, either. I believe Alabama is the better team top to bottom, but Notre Dame is undefeated. I don't care who you are, going undefeated in this day and age is rare. They have several potential NFL first rounders. They are disciplined, tough and well coached.

I think they need to score at least 21 to have a chance. I don't know if they can get that many, but anyone who thinks they're not capable of it haven't watched much football this season.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
I like your confidence. But I find it difficult to believe that anybody who is an Alabama fan would come out and actually say something like this. Remember how the national press and the Miami homers talked about how Alabama didn't have a chance against the Hurricanes in 1992? We all know how that ended. Notre Dame didn't go undefeated on sheer luck. In this day and age, going undefeated is a real accomplishment. I don't care who you are or who you play. Never underestimate your opponent. I hope our players don't feel this way. I don't think our coaches will allow them to, but I don't like reading the "trash talk" coming from our fans.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Really? Why even ask this? ND is a well coached team and while I believe Bama will win…. but to ask if ND will score is just not practical.

RTR!!!!

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
some fans just wont learn. Remember how Texas A&M had no chance? Remember how we'd destroy UGA in the SECCG? Notre Dame, while not looking overly impressive has won every game on their schedule. They are doing something right whether you choose to think otherwise or not. But at the same tiime i do understand that some fans dont have the knowledge of the game to understand some things. Just figured they would have learned better by now

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
One of the oldest axioms in sports: overconfidence gets you beat.

Disrespecting Notre Dame accomplishes nothing, except to motivate our opponent.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

I would have a problem if our players were thinking this. I doubt anyone's opinion on a message board will directly affect our guy's thinking.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Well, we're not the team and I don't think the team is taking ND lightly. So far as attitudes are concerned, everyone is entitled to her/his own opinion...

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A
Dont think for one second that it hasn't occurred to ND that LSU never crossed the 50 yd line in the NC last year after the long layoff.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Well, I hope they won't.

Personally, I'm kinda torn about this thread. I sorta like the in-your-face confidence...but then part of me is like, "c'mon, man, really?"

But at the end of the day fans can feel however they want.

some fans just wont learn. Remember how Texas A&M had no chance? Remember how we'd destroy UGA in the SECCG? Notre Dame, while not looking overly impressive has won every game on their schedule. They are doing something right whether you choose to think otherwise or not. But at the same tiime i do understand that some fans dont have the knowledge of the game to understand some things. Just figured they would have learned better by now
I don't remember that at all. I was too nervous.

This is a title game and we can expect a four quarter battle. For those that think it will not be you are kidding yourself.
It's possible. So is a blowout.

I also was concerned about A&M and UGA. I'm concerned about this one also. I just don't see any reason for it to be a blowout...
May not be a reason for it other than Bama dominating from the kick. They remind me to much of a B1G team.
not only was i nervous but by the 3rd week of the season, i was already warning peeps at work about the Texas A&M game. But they thought i was crazy. Same with UGA. They still havent learned. many fans have yet to learn it seems
For A&M, my greatest fears were realized. They jumped out to a big lead. Still should have won that game though. UGA, I guess I wanted that one too badly. It had been a minute since we soon the SEC.

Last edited:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but why would we offer up bulletin board material like this to the Irish? Rest assured that ND will come to play.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.