Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 53 to 65 of 93
  1. #53
    BamaNation All-American RollTideMang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,497
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Will Notre Dame Even Score a Touchdown?

    What kind of ridiculous question is this???

    Of course they won't score a TD.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #54
    BamaNation Third Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18

    Re: Will Notre Dame Even Score a Touchdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama22 View Post
    I like your confidence. But I find it difficult to believe that anybody who is an Alabama fan would come out and actually say something like this. Remember how the national press and the Miami homers talked about how Alabama didn't have a chance against the Hurricanes in 1992? We all know how that ended. Notre Dame didn't go undefeated on sheer luck. In this day and age, going undefeated is a real accomplishment. I don't care who you are or who you play. Never underestimate your opponent. I hope our players don't feel this way. I don't think our coaches will allow them to, but I don't like reading the "trash talk" coming from our fans.
    Not sheer luck. But a fair amount. :-)

  4. #55
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    45,070

    Re: Will Notre Dame Even Score a Touchdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by ND1976 View Post
    Unfortunately, you are correct.
    I haven't found one where a rational discussion is possible...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

  5. #56
    BamaNation Second Team mhiggy45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    daytona bch
    Posts
    206
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Re: Will Notre Dame Even Score a Touchdown?

    Why is this I wonder.....maybe you domer guests can enlighten us ?

  6. #57
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,182

    Re: Will Notre Dame Even Score a Touchdown?

    I expect them to score several and still lose.

  7. #58
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,300
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

    Re: Will Notre Dame Even Score a Touchdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by mhiggy45 View Post
    Why is this I wonder.....maybe you domer guests can enlighten us ?
    To be fair, most fans sites are down right disgusting. In fact, this is just about the only fan site that I have found that is closely moderated - including moderating the fans of the team supported by the site.

    Most fans do not want honest dialog about their team. They want to read things that align with their thinking. And that doesn't even touch on the vulgarity that has taken over the web.

  8. #59
    BamaNation Third Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    34

    Re: Will Notre Dame Even Score a Touchdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I haven't found one where a rational discussion is possible...
    Quote Originally Posted by mhiggy45 View Post
    Why is this I wonder.....maybe you domer guests can enlighten us ?
    I'm not sure where he's looked. I watch a couple of ND boards, only post in one. The one I watch the most has had a number of 'Bama fans show up. Like here they aren't going to talk a lot of trash and last very long. There have been a few that seem to enjoy talking football and have been pretty good to read.

    As a guest on your board, I know I can't show the same level of homerism here that I might on my home board. That's fair, it's an Alabama fan board and I respect that. It works two ways though. One thing I've learned is it is very difficult to post without someone taking exception. I try to be respectful but I also try to at least present an alternative viewpoint, or in some cases present a more reasonable ND point of view when maybe an unfair ND characterization is being made.

    I don't know that I would join if I had it to do over, but I enjoy the viewpoints and getting a better sense of a great program.

  9. #60
    BamaNation First Team 3 tide tats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lee "freakin" County!!!
    Posts
    455
    My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

    Re: Will Notre Dame Even Score a Touchdown?

    I'm sure people thought lsu would last year to..... at least a field goal...... something :/ and I think no they wont
    It is what it is

  10. #61
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    45,070

    Re: Will Notre Dame Even Score a Touchdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by taddy View Post
    I'm not sure where he's looked. I watch a couple of ND boards, only post in one. The one I watch the most has had a number of 'Bama fans show up. Like here they aren't going to talk a lot of trash and last very long. There have been a few that seem to enjoy talking football and have been pretty good to read.

    As a guest on your board, I know I can't show the same level of homerism here that I might on my home board. That's fair, it's an Alabama fan board and I respect that. It works two ways though. One thing I've learned is it is very difficult to post without someone taking exception. I try to be respectful but I also try to at least present an alternative viewpoint, or in some cases present a more reasonable ND point of view when maybe an unfair ND characterization is being made.

    I don't know that I would join if I had it to do over, but I enjoy the viewpoints and getting a better sense of a great program.
    I thought that was true of discussion boards everywhere. We even take exception to what each other say as Bama fans. One thing which makes this game harder than most to discuss, I think, is that we really only have the one common opponent, UM. Bama fans tend to play up the parallel and ND fans try to downplay it for obvious reasons. I, for one, will be watching the OM vs. Pitt game with a lot of interest. I think that game may be something like 4.5 to OM, but most Pitt fans seem to feel that that is generous. BTW, here is an excellent resource board to use for prospecting for rival boards. I've used it for years. It's a Husker site, but it has links to most of the boards in the country...

    LINK
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

  11. #62
    BamaNation Third Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    34

    Re: Will Notre Dame Even Score a Touchdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I thought that was true of discussion boards everywhere. We even take exception to what each other say as Bama fans. One thing which makes this game harder than most to discuss, I think, is that we really only have the one common opponent, UM. Bama fans tend to play up the parallel and ND fans try to downplay it for obvious reasons. I, for one, will be watching the OM vs. Pitt game with a lot of interest. I think that game may be something like 4.5 to OM, but most Pitt fans seem to feel that that is generous. BTW, here is an excellent resource board to use for prospecting for rival boards. I've used it for years. It's a Husker site, but it has links to most of the boards in the country...

    LINK
    It is I think. The trick is trying to be concise in what you say, eliminate possible dual meanings.

    I can add some background to the Michigan and Pitt games if you wish.

    Michigan
    Denard Robinson has been the thorn in our existence. We chased him around for 4 years before we finally beat him. Watch the 4th qtr of the 2011 game and you will see our frustration. Add to that a 100 years of bad blood between the two schools and it's a heated rivalry. The only thing that mattered was winning and after three years of failure it was just as much putting an end to a streak as much as it was looking good doing it. He just had our number. Remember the Bulls trying to beat the Pistons? Similar.

    Pitt
    It was a little bit of a trap game but just as big an issue was the flu. It's been reported some, Nix particularly, but it was much more prevalent that reported, much more. Not our best game for sure but after half time we shut them down pretty well. You hear about their missed field goal but no one mentions the shorter field goal ND missed earlier in the game that would have kept the game from OT to start with. I'll take the win.

    It's football, every play matters in the end and the ball bounces funny.

    Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

  12. #63
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    8,274
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Will Notre Dame Even Score a Touchdown?

    Everybody is due a trap game unfortunately for Alabama TAMU was a much better team than Pitt. I think people underrate just how good of a defense BYU has with a few front seven guys who are future pros.

    The Michigan games really just show that Alabama was much further along in September than Notre Dame. The Irish have gotten better offensively since then and truly it doesn't matter if they have a better offense than us. All that matters for ND is whether their offense can score more than Alabama's offense on January 7.

    I always concern myself more with the matchups because each game is it's own life. For example, Notre Dame has two good mismatch players against man coverage at TE and tailback. I've always felt those positions were the openings for chain-moving, schedule-keeping passes against our defense instead of trying to make deep, low-percentage passes to the WRs. The errant nature of Golson at this juncture makes scheming quick stuff to the TE and tailback ideal for building some rhythm in the young guy. Whereas with Alabama, I think ND is a team very ideally built to take us on. I think the 2010 Auburn offense and 2006/2008 Florida offense would have been a tougher SEC matchup for this team...they'd be able to function better in personnel that gets some of ND's best personnel of the field. Our best kind of encourages them to play their best.

  13. #64
    BamaNation Third Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    34

    Re: Will Notre Dame Even Score a Touchdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Everybody is due a trap game unfortunately for Alabama TAMU was a much better team than Pitt. I think people underrate just how good of a defense BYU has with a few front seven guys who are future pros.

    The Michigan games really just show that Alabama was much further along in September than Notre Dame. The Irish have gotten better offensively since then and truly it doesn't matter if they have a better offense than us. All that matters for ND is whether their offense can score more than Alabama's offense on January 7.

    I always concern myself more with the matchups because each game is it's own life. For example, Notre Dame has two good mismatch players against man coverage at TE and tailback. I've always felt those positions were the openings for chain-moving, schedule-keeping passes against our defense instead of trying to make deep, low-percentage passes to the WRs. The errant nature of Golson at this juncture makes scheming quick stuff to the TE and tailback ideal for building some rhythm in the young guy. Whereas with Alabama, I think ND is a team very ideally built to take us on. I think the 2010 Auburn offense and 2006/2008 Florida offense would have been a tougher SEC matchup for this team...they'd be able to function better in personnel that gets some of ND's best personnel of the field. Our best kind of encourages them to play their best.
    Great post. I honestly don't know what to expect. It could be a blow out but just don't see that. Our margin of error is quite small compared to yours. You guys are so well balanced, I expect we'll take some punches but there hasn't been any quit in our guys so they will play 60 minutes. What we'll know in a week or so is how we stack up. As a ND fan I'm excited because there are only two teams with a chance and we're one of them. I also know we're only going to get better as Kelly builds the program and continues to improve the recruiting.

    The higher the scoring, the worse our chances are.

  14. #65
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    679

    Re: Will Notre Dame Even Score a Touchdown?

    how old are you?

    just curious.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!