Will Notre Dame Even Score a Touchdown?

taddy

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 25, 2012
I think both teams are pretty grounded to the task at hand. Neither listens to the noise. I would even bet they would just as soon find an empty field, have a game.

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
As I look at the two games where we were challenged the most offensively, aTm and UGA, I assess ND's O as about 65% of either of these opponents. I think our early woes on Offense against aTm contributed directly to 7 and perhaps 14 of their points--(I don't see that as a problem with this game with fresh legs)--so I'd give the Aggies 21 against us on a good day and by extension ND about 14. UGA picks up 7 on the block and the equivalent of a TD ILO a FG from the turnovers (conservatively) meaning that I think they earned about 18 of the 28 offensively. Relatively then ND gets about 12 in comparison. In the aTm game I believe we were suffering from dead legs early after the physical/emotional pounding we had the week before with LSU. Bad decisions (int in endzone, poor clock management at end of first half, turnovers, kept us from separating from UGA and made them look better than they were in my opinion. All this said, I could see us playing a complete game against ND and holding them to what I expect will be two-three scoring threats. If we keep these at FG attempts vice TDs we keep them below double digits. Turnovers, short fields or a breakdown on a pass play could add to their total but I'm not expecting it as I think we play our best game of the year. If ND is to stay with us, they'll have to do it with their D which at least as far as containing us from scoring wildly i believe they will. If however their Freshman QB performs like a lot of Freshman QBs on the big stage, it could be our D having the big day and creating the separation. I still like my early score of Good Guys 27 and Domers 10.

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
It makes me laugh when I read posters telling other posters that they shouldn't disrespect ND because look what happened to Miami in the Sugar Bowl. Good grief folks, there's nothing we can do as fans that make even the slightest difference in this game! Come down out of the clouds and remind yourself that you aren't a player on the team.

If you believe what CNS preaches, then all the clutter we create as fans will not make one bit of difference. No pregame rituals, no smack talking, absolutely nothing as a fan will help or hurt this team in this game. If all those rituals didn't help you in the Dubose and Shula years it sure as heck ain't helping now.
Unless I forget to wear my lucky t-shirt like I did when we played aTm!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I believe TAMU was the only game I didn't wear my polo I bought before the season too. I froze my tail off at the MSU game, so I wore a sweater.

jerynd

Dec 28, 2012
One of my friends (who is a Auburn fan) said the game will be a blowout and Alabama win..

Given the intelligence Bama fans generally ascribe to Auburn folk, doesn't that make the Irish a sure thing?

P.S.) I'm just having fun. I think the article at the top of the page by Duranko is as one sided as all y'all have accused it of being. I think the analyses I've read from your side are, too. It's the nature of the beast. Two fan bases love their teams and know them well. Neither thinks they get any respect from the other. I'll be watching with about 30 of my best friends. Probably 20 of them are avid, die hard, completely crazy Roll Tide!!! types. The others are Irish fans. I'll be cheering on my Irish, and I expect to win. Of course, I expected Romney in a landslide, too.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
When Auburn fans are saying that kind of stuff, they're really really hoping to pump us up and hope the deflation of a loss makes them feel less like a redheaded stepchild.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Could be shut ND out? Yes...
Could we hold them without a TD? Yes...
Will either happen? Eh...I don't think so, but who cares as long as you leave with a W?

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
The OP's question is a very good one IMO.

I really don't know I think we will win Big but will the Defense play like last year, I just don't know. I would never have predicted the domination Alabama showed over LSU in the Title Game.

DB's will Continue to earn respect but WHO else steps up? If CJ has a Big Game then I think we will see a replay of last year, I hope!

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
The OP's question is a very good one IMO.

I really don't know I think we will win Big but will the Defense play like last year, I just don't know. I would never have predicted the domination Alabama showed over LSU in the Title Game.

DB's will Continue to earn respect but WHO else steps up? If CJ has a Big Game then I think we will see a replay of last year, I hope!

thats the thing that will make it difficult for a shutout. our defense this season is nowhere near last year. last years defense was possibly the best defense in college football in 30 years or so. we are Still good on defense this year but that defense had 5 players on defense who were physically capable of playing in the NFL LAST season along CJ, Dee, Nico, and Robert

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.