Will Notre Dame Even Score a Touchdown?

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
I never thought about it this way. But during the holidays, I have talked to two independent people in the last week about the ND/Bama game and both said the same thing.........I don't see how Notre Dame will be able to score, especially an offensive touchdown. Neither of them were Bama fans, in fact, one of them is an Arkansas (his brother ran track there) and Notre Dame fan.....both know sports inside and out, and they don't live in the South.

Not being cocky, but the more I think about it, the more I can conceptualize it happening. What do you think?

RTR!!!

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think their offense might be able to take advantage of field position if their defense is as good as advertised. This game is the one unknown in the 3 national championships to me. I really felt that colt wouldnt be able to light the scoreboard up on us in 09 and i really thought we would be able to beat LSU by two scores after seeing all the missed oppurtunities in the 1st game. I really dont know much about notre dame because they play a PAC12/Big 10 schedule and they really got hyped up when it looked liked two undefeateds were going to be left out, and the amount of breaks they have gotten makes you think of Auburn 10, just quirky things go their way. I'll give them a td in my prediction, but given the fact that Saban is given a month to prepare makes me feel better that the quirky things are limited. 27-13

BSBHVR2

3rd Team
May 13, 2011
Alabama
When playing at our best, or near it, I can easily see ND not scoring offensive points. With that being said, our secondary is subject to being burned for points at almost any time, against most any opponent. Whether it be for a TD or a big play setting up a field goal. But as long as we win, I don't really care what the score is in this game... but a shutout sure would be sweet! Again!

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
Yes, and probably more than 1. It is easy to see why a lot of other college football fans do not like us. :rolleye2:
I don't care if other football fans like us. Haters are always going to hate. Plus, I'm tired of hearing all the delusionals Domers.

ND is a marginal contender, at best. The closer we get to the game, the more certain I am of victory. The manner of that victory will likely be soul-crushing to the Irish.

Whether they score one TD or not, is irrelevant. What is relevant is that it won't be close.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I don't care if other football fans like us. Haters are always going to hate. Plus, I'm tired of hearing all the delusionals Domers.

ND is a marginal contender, at best. The closer we get to the game, the more certain I am of victory. The manner of that victory will likely be soul-crushing to the Irish.

Whether they score one TD or not, is irrelevant. What is relevant is that it won't be close.
The not like us was not directed at the team. :wink:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I expect them to score one TD, plus a FG or two. Based purely on their offensive performances year to date, and Alabama's defensive performances year to date, they should score about 10 points in this game.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
No offense in 1A bogs down more often and kicks more FGs than does ND's. Oklahoma State is the only one with more FGs than ND in 12 games played. However, OK State scored 65 TDs with their 25 FGs. ND has scored 36 TDs and has kicked 24 FGs.

Ball State had 52 TDs and kicked 25 FGs in 13 games. Toledo scored 49 TDs and kicked 24 FGs in 13 games.

ND was pathetic in this regard. FWIW, Bama had 65 & 15 in 13 games.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.js...&div=IA&dest=O

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This is the type of thread I expect during the week of a cupcake game, not the national championship. This is an ignorant question full of arrogance.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.