Will Notre Dame Even Score a Touchdown?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but why would we offer up bulletin board material like this to the Irish?
If ND has to use fan quotes from an opposing fan web site to get motivated, this game is already over.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
This question, on the surface, makes me pull one of these

But you know....if we can blank 'em, I will have hit the trifecta of bragging rights for my bosses.

My immediate boss (LSU grad/fan), his boss (West Point grad/player and Auburn fan), and THEIR boss (ND grad/fan)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This question, on the surface, makes me pull one of these

But you know....if we can blank 'em, I will have hit the trifecta of bragging rights for my bosses.

My immediate boss (LSU grad/fan), his boss (West Point grad/player and Auburn fan), and THEIR boss (ND grad/fan)
I'm sure the team will do its best...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Last year, we needed a big win since we had lost to LSU in the first game. This year, a 2-0 final would be fine by me.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Last year, we needed a big win since we had lost to LSU in the first game. This year, a 2-0 final would be fine by me.
After the game is fine by me, but I don't think I could handle a game like that..watching live!

During the SECCG, I muted the TV and listened to Eli to start off with.

Then after the blocked field goal and return for a TD, I turned the TV off and just listened in Eli. Then when Murray was moving the ball at the very end and got down near the goal line..I just turned everything off and waited till my husband told me when it was over. (i was on the phone with him, while he was at work). Lol...I can't handle that pressure again.

ND1976

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 4, 2012
I like your confidence. But I find it difficult to believe that anybody who is an Alabama fan would come out and actually say something like this. Remember how the national press and the Miami homers talked about how Alabama didn't have a chance against the Hurricanes in 1992? We all know how that ended. Notre Dame didn't go undefeated on sheer luck. In this day and age, going undefeated is a real accomplishment. I don't care who you are or who you play. Never underestimate your opponent. I hope our players don't feel this way. I don't think our coaches will allow them to, but I don't like reading the "trash talk" coming from our fans.
Not sheer luck. But a fair amount. :)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Why is this I wonder.....maybe you domer guests can enlighten us ?
To be fair, most fans sites are down right disgusting. In fact, this is just about the only fan site that I have found that is closely moderated - including moderating the fans of the team supported by the site.

Most fans do not want honest dialog about their team. They want to read things that align with their thinking. And that doesn't even touch on the vulgarity that has taken over the web.

taddy

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 25, 2012
I haven't found one where a rational discussion is possible...
Why is this I wonder.....maybe you domer guests can enlighten us ?
I'm not sure where he's looked. I watch a couple of ND boards, only post in one. The one I watch the most has had a number of 'Bama fans show up. Like here they aren't going to talk a lot of trash and last very long. There have been a few that seem to enjoy talking football and have been pretty good to read.

As a guest on your board, I know I can't show the same level of homerism here that I might on my home board. That's fair, it's an Alabama fan board and I respect that. It works two ways though. One thing I've learned is it is very difficult to post without someone taking exception. I try to be respectful but I also try to at least present an alternative viewpoint, or in some cases present a more reasonable ND point of view when maybe an unfair ND characterization is being made.

I don't know that I would join if I had it to do over, but I enjoy the viewpoints and getting a better sense of a great program.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.