ADMIN NOTE: Duranko’s Digest: Notre Dame – Alabama Preview (from UHND.com)

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Why do I feel like I need to check my checkbook and my garage to make sure I don't somehow now own some random, old, ugly, used car after reading that?

:biggrin:

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
Not to be a gump here, but that's a god awful preview filled with nothing but conjecture and a couple of fancy words mixed in amongst a bunch of gold dome homer. Did this come from their equivalent of Bleacher Report? Is this guy syndicated, too?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Alabama's 2012 defense may not be as good as 2011, but then again Notre Dame's offense scores a little more than half of what 2011 LSU did, too.

Furthermore, the November offense improved by playing bad defenses like BC and Wake. It took three overtimes to score 20 points against Pitt.

And this use of Oklahoma as a standard is amusing. OU has a QB with a mental problem (once he messes up) and who throws first. Keep in mind despite the one-sided stats the game was close until the final 3 minutes.

And it's one thing to say "we can cover Yeldon, Lacy, AJ and Cooper" - its another to say you can handle all four at the same time. Plus if you're gonna talk about Kelly & lower level playoffs, don't you mention Saban's record with 2 weeks to prep or in title games including SEC title?

bonehouse81

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2006
Clarksville, TN
I think one of the valid points in there that's being somewhat overlooked is that ND's offense (and Golson, in particular) has been on an upward arc over the course of the season, making some of those "raw" stats we've been citing not as relevant as they might seem.

He's right about Eifert being the key for them. He's a mismatch waiting to happen, but I'm confident Saban/Smart will come up with a plan to at least contain him.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I think one of the valid points in there that's being somewhat overlooked is that ND's offense (and Golson, in particular) has been on an upward arc over the course of the season, making some of those "raw" stats we've been citing not as relevant as they might seem.

He's right about Eifert being the key for them. He's a mismatch waiting to happen, but I'm confident Saban/Smart will come up with a plan to at least contain him.
Their offense's upward arc just coincides with when the schedule hit the weak point.

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
This one is better than the one in the other thread. At least he gives us credit for having a few players that are worthy of being on the field with them.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.