Everett Golson's Rushing Stats Compared to Alabama's 13 Opponents (Including QBs)

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I think some of you might have missed the sarcasm in RJ14's post.
lol. I was traveling all day yesterday so this is a little late, but yes, it was said tongue-in-cheek. I thought it was obvious enough that emoticons weren't necessary, guess I was wrong!

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Nice job RTR91! :BigA: And, why do opponent's posters insist on teaching us how football is played?

The Irish are beginning to remind me more and more of the Texas experts from a few years ago.

Last edited:

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
Obviously bama can contain a mobile QB. They just weren't able to do it for 15 minutes against A&M. The other three quarters - Manziel not that impressive.

I think we are talking past each other. I'm saying that it has to be schemed for, and in certain positions he can hurt a defense. I'm not saying he is going to shred Bama. But I bet he is closely being watched in the film room for that element specifically.

jerynd

Dec 28, 2012
He hasn't improved that much... Level of competition got worse.
I don't wish to impolite, but he has improved about as much during a season as anyone could possibly expect. In the first five games, he was not running the read zone at all, because the coaches were not confident in the reads he was making in practice. After his concussion, he spent a week on the sideline. Apparently, it did him a world of good, because when he came back the next week, he began to run the the zone read from six to eight times per game. He also began to make better, and of course, quicker decisions in picking out receivers or deciding to run. That spelled the difference between gaining virtually nothing and getting from four to eight yards on typical plays.

He might not be nearly good enough to handle a game against your defense, but he's improved immensely as the season has progressed.

I don't wish to impolite, but he has improved about as much during a season as anyone could possibly expect. In the first five games, he was not running the read zone at all, because the coaches were not confident in the reads he was making in practice. After his concussion, he spent a week on the sideline. Apparently, it did him a world of good, because when he came back the next week, he began to run the the zone read from six to eight times per game. He also began to make better, and of course, quicker decisions in picking out receivers or deciding to run. That spelled the difference between gaining virtually nothing and getting from four to eight yards on typical plays.

He might not be nearly good enough to handle a game against your defense, but he's improved immensely as the season has progressed.
Like is said, he hasn't improved that much. I don't doubt he has improved, but with the defenses he faced it gives one the appearance that he has "come around." I may be wrong, though.

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
Like is said, he hasn't improved that much. I don't doubt he has improved, but with the defenses he faced it gives one the appearance that he has "come around." I may be wrong, though.
This is fair. Oklahoma D nothing to write home about. The best defense other than that where I can say "yeah, EG really improved here?" I honestly don't really know. If you watch ND like I do, it is just something that you can see. But after Oklahoma, he really only faced Pitt, BC, Wake, and U$C.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
The thing that Golson can do by being mobile is get them a third down conversion or two if the play called breaks down. And that can kill you like it did against Manziel when we had them 3rd and long and couldn't get off the field. Coach Saban has voiced his concern about that plenty of times. But Golson by his self will not beat Bama. It will take a tremendous effort on both sides of the ball for Notre Dame to beat Bama and likewise for Bama to beat Notre Dame.

The better team will more than likely win and I believe without a doubt the better team is Bama. But the game has to be played because anything "can" and "sometimes" does happen. But not likely! ;)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Tebow: A bulldozer on 3rd down

sCam: a leaner bulldozer with a tad more quickness on 3rd down

Johnny Football: the quickest cat in a room full of rocking chairs on 3rd down. Never have I seen faster feet and escapability like that.

Those three IMO do not apply to Golson.

ND Philosopher

Dec 27, 2012
As an ND fan I'm hoping not to see a whole lot of running by Golson. He's had his bell rung a few times. If Rees has to trot out on he field, it's gonna look pretty bleak from the Notre Dame perspective at that point. So I want Golson to scamper for the open yards when they are available and then get down or out of bounds. He's a total effort type kid--I worry that he might try to do too much.

Golson will take what he is given with his legs--which in this game may not be too much. He is much more a threat to do damage with his arm, often while rolling out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.