Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Everett Golson's Rushing Stats Compared to Alabama's 13 Opponents (Including QBs)

The thing that Golson can do by being mobile is get them a third down conversion or two if the play called breaks down. And that can kill you like it did against Manziel when we had them 3rd and long and couldn't get off the field. Coach Saban has voiced his concern about that plenty of times. But Golson by his self will not beat Bama. It will take a tremendous effort on both sides of the ball for Notre Dame to beat Bama and likewise for Bama to beat Notre Dame.

The better team will more than likely win and I believe without a doubt the better team is Bama. But the game has to be played because anything "can" and "sometimes" does happen. But not likely!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: Everett Golson's Rushing Stats Compared to Alabama's 13 Opponents (Including QBs)

what were manziels second half rushing stats? just curious

BamaNation All-American BamaFlum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Everett Golson's Rushing Stats Compared to Alabama's 13 Opponents (Including QBs)

Quote Originally Posted by ohiotide14 View Post
    I would be curious about that also. Manziel played well against some good defenses from what I remember in the second half.
    RTR!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by ohiotide14 View Post
    8 carries for 18 yards.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation All-American BamaMoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tebow: A bulldozer on 3rd down

sCam: a leaner bulldozer with a tad more quickness on 3rd down

Johnny Football: the quickest cat in a room full of rocking chairs on 3rd down. Never have I seen faster feet and escapability like that.

Those three IMO do not apply to Golson.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ALA2262 View Post
    In December of 1952, I was led to believe Syracuse had invented football. And that Bama had never played a game.
    61-6, right? I did not google it. It was 3 years before I was born, but my father told me the story repeatedly.

8. January 2nd, 2013, 05:22 PM

Reason
    Keep politics on NS, please!

BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like

As an ND fan I'm hoping not to see a whole lot of running by Golson. He's had his bell rung a few times. If Rees has to trot out on he field, it's gonna look pretty bleak from the Notre Dame perspective at that point. So I want Golson to scamper for the open yards when they are available and then get down or out of bounds. He's a total effort type kid--I worry that he might try to do too much.

Golson will take what he is given with his legs--which in this game may not be too much. He is much more a threat to do damage with his arm, often while rolling out.