Vandy beating AU in recruiting

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Not surprised,watching Vandy in a bowl right now.We all know what bowl the Barn is in this year! Vandy has a good staff and will continue to be a handful as long as the sfaff remains.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Do they still have that high academic standard for all their athletes? Do ya'll think that will ultimately affect their recruiting?

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Coach Franklin is very impressive. He may be at Vandy for a few more years, he's young, but IMO he gets a big time job somewhere down the line.

Last edited:

deboard

Scout Team
Sep 1, 2009
Coach Franklin is very impressive. He may be at Vandy for a few more years, he's young, but IMO he gets a big time job somewhere down the line.
Vanderbilt is a big time job. They might not have as prestigious of a history as some school. But they are in the SEC. In a major city. With plenty of big time high schools around in Nashville, Memphis, and the like. I can easily see them becoming the best team in Tennessee, since it has already started.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Let's revisit this in about 2 yrs. Franklin is having a lot of success right now, but I think the bigger question is how long can he sustain it. Even with the contract extension and the university's committment to upgrades, I'm not convinced that they have eclipsed teams like the barn and Arkansas yet in the SEC pecking order.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
My dad played football at Vandy in the 40's. Head coach was Red Sanders, one of the assistant coaches was Paul Bryant, so I was raised a Vandy/Bama fan. We had season tickets to Vandy when I was a kid in the 60's. Being a Vandy fan is tough. UT fans outnumber Vandy 10 to 1. UT will remain the dominant team in Tennessee because of it's huge fanbase and money.

Be that as it may, I very certain Pop is very proud of Vandy. Anchor Down! RTR!!!

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Let's revisit this in about 2 yrs. Franklin is having a lot of success right now, but I think the bigger question is how long can he sustain it. Even with the contract extension and the university's committment to upgrades, I'm not convinced that they have eclipsed teams like the barn and Arkansas yet in the SEC pecking order.
I agree dman time will tell. I don't think beating the two worst au and UT teams in my life time indicates that Vanderbilt has arrived as a decent SEC program or that Franklin is the next wunderkind coach.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
In 2 years, Vandy will have a new coach because Franklin isn't staying around that long.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
From the AD & HC all the way down the Totem pole..Right now..Vandy is the better football program..Never in my lifetime would I thought I'd see that happen..

mhiggy45

3rd Team
Sep 2, 2010
daytona bch
My dad played football at Vandy in the 40's. Head coach was Red Sanders, one of the assistant coaches was Paul Bryant, so I was raised a Vandy/Bama fan. We had season tickets to Vandy when I was a kid in the 60's. Being a Vandy fan is tough. UT fans outnumber Vandy 10 to 1. UT will remain the dominant team in Tennessee because of it's huge fanbase and money.

Be that as it may, I very certain Pop is very proud of Vandy. Anchor Down! RTR!!!
correct me if I'm wrong, Vanderbilt has more money in it's coiffers than any team in the conference ?

tidefaninvr

3rd Team
Sep 15, 2007
well with today's win, this will be the first 9 win season for Vandy in close to 100 years...must be doing something right

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.