Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mosley vs. Te'o

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Mosley vs. Te'o

I think LB interceptions are often off tip passes (thanks to the DL) and "gotcha coverages" when the LB drops and the QB wasn't expecting him to be there. In a sense, it involves lucks to catch a tip pass and calling an LB drop which is conducive to picking the pass (the offense has to call something going into his area).

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    LOL. I'm not trying to prove a point here, really. If I was a 'bama supporter, I'd probably want C.J. Why wouldn't you? Why change what is working, really well? My objective was really to show there isn't anyone I can think of that I would rather have than Manti, and I just find it difficult classifying his INT's as luck.

To classify his INT's as luck, we must first define what a lucky INT is. I'm not sure I am capable of that.
    I sort of see what B1Gs saying. I think the "luck" involved is placing oneself in the right place at the right time. And there is a difference when someone goes 0-0-7, as opposed Lester, the Bama safety who's gone 8-2-4 over the last three years. OTOH, it's true the ILBs just don't have the number of opportunities that safeties do...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Both are great players, and we can go on and on all day about who is better. All I know is that if not for CJ tipping that pass on the last play of the SECCG, we may not even be talking about this. For that reason alone, all Bama fans are going to (or should) choose CJ. It will all be settled on the field Monday...
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I sort of see what B1Gs saying. I think the "luck" involved is placing oneself in the right place at the right time. And there is a difference when someone goes 0-0-7, as opposed Lester, the Bama safety who's gone 8-2-4 over the last three years. OTOH, it's true the ILBs just don't have the number of opportunities that safeties do...
    The one thing I will say that Te'o committed himself to improving his drops in coverage this past off-season. He shed some weight to get a little quicker while keeping his ability to plug the gaps. I think the 7 INTs are a little aberrant and partially due to tip passes but some of his INTs were a direct result of being in the right place or getting somewhere people thought he couldn't by old tape on him.

BamaNation All-American NationalTitles15's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Te'o is a fine LB, but give me Mosley any day of the week and twice on Saturdays and National Championship Mondays. And I do believe he will outshine his competition during the game.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I am not sure a valid comparison is possible. What will Mosley do his senior year? What would Te'o have done at Alabama? What would Mosley have done at Notre Dame? At this point in their careers I think it is pretty much a wash based on anything measurable. The media is going to hype anyone that makes a easy story. That should not be a knock on either player.

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." - Seneca