Mosley vs. Te'o

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
LOL. I'm not trying to prove a point here, really. If I was a 'bama supporter, I'd probably want C.J. Why wouldn't you? Why change what is working, really well? My objective was really to show there isn't anyone I can think of that I would rather have than Manti, and I just find it difficult classifying his INT's as luck.

To classify his INT's as luck, we must first define what a lucky INT is. I'm not sure I am capable of that.
I sort of see what B1Gs saying. I think the "luck" involved is placing oneself in the right place at the right time. And there is a difference when someone goes 0-0-7, as opposed Lester, the Bama safety who's gone 8-2-4 over the last three years. OTOH, it's true the ILBs just don't have the number of opportunities that safeties do...

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Both are great players, and we can go on and on all day about who is better. All I know is that if not for CJ tipping that pass on the last play of the SECCG, we may not even be talking about this. For that reason alone, all Bama fans are going to (or should) choose CJ. It will all be settled on the field Monday...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I sort of see what B1Gs saying. I think the "luck" involved is placing oneself in the right place at the right time. And there is a difference when someone goes 0-0-7, as opposed Lester, the Bama safety who's gone 8-2-4 over the last three years. OTOH, it's true the ILBs just don't have the number of opportunities that safeties do...
The one thing I will say that Te'o committed himself to improving his drops in coverage this past off-season. He shed some weight to get a little quicker while keeping his ability to plug the gaps. I think the 7 INTs are a little aberrant and partially due to tip passes but some of his INTs were a direct result of being in the right place or getting somewhere people thought he couldn't by old tape on him.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I am not sure a valid comparison is possible. What will Mosley do his senior year? What would Te'o have done at Alabama? What would Mosley have done at Notre Dame? At this point in their careers I think it is pretty much a wash based on anything measurable. The media is going to hype anyone that makes a easy story. That should not be a knock on either player.

ColumbusTide

1st Team
Jan 10, 2007
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." - Seneca

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.