Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011
Results 131 to 138 of 138
  1. #131
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Greenbow, Alabama
    Posts
    9,240

    Re: USC (LAME K's team) vs GA Tech Game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Yea I forgot about Stanford, I guess they are a better win the USCw. For the record, I don't think its makes for an accurate prediction to look at a teams schedule and then try and conclude the outcome of the game. I fell into that trap when LSU only beat auburn 12-10. I thought we were gonna kill them after that performance, and quite honestly, LSU probably should have beat us that night.
    This is a very good assessment. IMO Southern Cal's loss to Tech has no bearing on their game with ND; it has absolutely nothing to do with the NC game. If you want to accept that logic then how could Clemson beat LSU who destroyed USCe who pounded Clemson. It doesn't work hat way.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

    "The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

  2. Advertisement
  3. #132
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Posts
    21,967
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    USC (LAME K's team) vs GA Tech Game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Yea I forgot about Stanford, I guess they are a better win the USCw. For the record, I don't think its makes for an accurate prediction to look at a teams schedule and then try and conclude the outcome of the game. I fell into that trap when LSU only beat auburn 12-10. I thought we were gonna kill them after that performance, and quite honestly, LSU probably should have beat us that night.
    The LSU game played out the way the game should have winded up. We were about to walk in, untouched, for a TD to go up big but somehow had an unforced turnover and let LSU back in it. We should blown the doors off Tiger Stadium.

    You're right though, these other games will have no bearing on the BCSCG.

  4. #133
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Bazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Smyrna Beach, Florida
    Posts
    5,057
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: USC (LAME K's team) vs GA Tech Game thread

    Towards the end of the broadcast the announcers noted that USC showed up so late to a pre-game dinner event that barely anyone was there. Ga. Tech had left after an hour & fifteen minutes, then USC showed up and stayed just a few minutes. It was totally disrespectful of the bowl organizers, sponsors, chamber if commerce, city, etc. They also pointed out that USC's statement of explanation was blatantly false. It was as blunt a rebuke of a program as I've ever seen on a game broadcast.

    USC is one of the most historical, elite programs in the country. I cannot understand why - even under probation - they would continue propping up this clown.

  5. #134
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,145

    Re: USC (LAME K's team) vs GA Tech Game thread

    Georgia and LSU ain't helping our SOS right now.

  6. #135
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,293
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

    Re: USC (LAME K's team) vs GA Tech Game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
    Georgia and LSU ain't helping our SOS right now.
    You are already in the BCSCG - it doesn't matter any more. If the SEC gets swept and loses every other bowl game, but Alabama beats Notre Dame, will you really care?

  7. #136
    BamaNation All-American Airborne Tider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Fort Benning
    Posts
    3,343
    My Mood
    Hot on TideFans.com

    Re: USC (LAME K's team) vs GA Tech Game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    You are already in the BCSCG - it doesn't matter any more. If the SEC gets swept and loses every other bowl game, but Alabama beats Notre Dame, will you really care?
    LOL. My thoughts exactly.

    Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
    U.S. Army Pathfinders
    "First In, Last Out"

  8. #137
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,145

    Re: USC (LAME K's team) vs GA Tech Game thread

    My point was neither side in the championship can take comfort in how their regular opponents fared in bowl games. USC struggling against Tech shouldn't make us any more confident than the Domers using the struggles of LSU and Georgia in evaluating us. It will come down to who plays better next Monday.

  9. #138
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Posts
    21,967
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    USC (LAME K's team) vs GA Tech Game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
    My point was neither side in the championship can take comfort in how their regular opponents fared in bowl games. USC struggling against Tech shouldn't make us any more confident than the Domers using the struggles of LSU and Georgia in evaluating us. It will come down to who plays better next Monday.
    Ga. Tech shouldn't have been in a bowl game at all. And they beat USC, with relative ease. That says a lot.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!