Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Re: USC (LAME K's team) vs GA Tech Game thread

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Yea I forgot about Stanford, I guess they are a better win the USCw. For the record, I don't think its makes for an accurate prediction to look at a teams schedule and then try and conclude the outcome of the game. I fell into that trap when LSU only beat auburn 12-10. I thought we were gonna kill them after that performance, and quite honestly, LSU probably should have beat us that night.
    This is a very good assessment. IMO Southern Cal's loss to Tech has no bearing on their game with ND; it has absolutely nothing to do with the NC game. If you want to accept that logic then how could Clemson beat LSU who destroyed USCe who pounded Clemson. It doesn't work hat way.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

USC (LAME K's team) vs GA Tech Game thread

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Yea I forgot about Stanford, I guess they are a better win the USCw. For the record, I don't think its makes for an accurate prediction to look at a teams schedule and then try and conclude the outcome of the game. I fell into that trap when LSU only beat auburn 12-10. I thought we were gonna kill them after that performance, and quite honestly, LSU probably should have beat us that night.
    The LSU game played out the way the game should have winded up. We were about to walk in, untouched, for a TD to go up big but somehow had an unforced turnover and let LSU back in it. We should blown the doors off Tiger Stadium.

You're right though, these other games will have no bearing on the BCSCG.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Towards the end of the broadcast the announcers noted that USC showed up so late to a pre-game dinner event that barely anyone was there. Ga. Tech had left after an hour & fifteen minutes, then USC showed up and stayed just a few minutes. It was totally disrespectful of the bowl organizers, sponsors, chamber if commerce, city, etc. They also pointed out that USC's statement of explanation was blatantly false. It was as blunt a rebuke of a program as I've ever seen on a game broadcast.

USC is one of the most historical, elite programs in the country. I cannot understand why - even under probation - they would continue propping up this clown.

BamaNation All-SEC

Georgia and LSU ain't helping our SOS right now.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
    Georgia and LSU ain't helping our SOS right now.
    You are already in the BCSCG - it doesn't matter any more. If the SEC gets swept and loses every other bowl game, but Alabama beats Notre Dame, will you really care?

BamaNation All-American Airborne Tider's Avatar
    My Mood
    Hot on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    You are already in the BCSCG - it doesn't matter any more. If the SEC gets swept and loses every other bowl game, but Alabama beats Notre Dame, will you really care?
    LOL. My thoughts exactly.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
    U.S. Army Pathfinders
    "First In, Last Out"

BamaNation All-SEC

My point was neither side in the championship can take comfort in how their regular opponents fared in bowl games. USC struggling against Tech shouldn't make us any more confident than the Domers using the struggles of LSU and Georgia in evaluating us. It will come down to who plays better next Monday.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

USC (LAME K's team) vs GA Tech Game thread

Quote Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
    My point was neither side in the championship can take comfort in how their regular opponents fared in bowl games. USC struggling against Tech shouldn't make us any more confident than the Domers using the struggles of LSU and Georgia in evaluating us. It will come down to who plays better next Monday.
    Ga. Tech shouldn't have been in a bowl game at all. And they beat USC, with relative ease. That says a lot.