Game Thread: LSU vs. Clemson

Rattlehead82

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Pace, FL
Re: Chik-Fil-A (Peach) Bowl: LSU vs. Clemson

LSU got exactly what they deserved. How many times did LSU players go down with "cramps"?
Something really needs to be done about that. I'm sure some of the injuries are genuine, but a lot of them aren't and it just slow the game down. It's always a defensive player...I wonder why that is?...

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Something really needs to be done about that. I'm sure some of the injuries are genuine, but a lot of them aren't and it just slow the game down. It's always a defensive player...I wonder why that is?...
they had no reason to fake the injuries. They were on the field for 100 plays. I have no doubt those LSU defenders were worn down completely.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Throwing on first down was stupid. But then he got 8 yards, and I was going to forgive him. Praise him even. And then...
Yep, if you can't run for two yards on two plays, you don't deserve the win. A least running would use the other teams timeouts. 2nd and 3rd down play calls were about as stupid as you can get.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Throwing on first down was stupid. But then he got 8 yards, and I was going to forgive him. Praise him even. And then...
To be fair, the 2nd down play was perfectly set up, and Mettzenbegger completely botched the throw.

But running the ball guarantees the clock continues to run and forces Clemson to burn their TOs.

As for the cramps... LSU's defense was on the field for nearly 100 plays. It's logical to believe they were legit, but I suspect not all were...

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

they had no reason to fake the injuries. They were on the field for 100 plays. I have no doubt those LSU defenders were worn down completely.
LSU has been doing that for years. It's nothing new and I refuse to give them the benefit of the doubt.

BamaWally

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 18, 2012
Yep, if you can't run for two yards on two plays, you don't deserve the win. A least running would use the other teams timeouts. 2nd and 3rd down play calls were about as stupid as you can get.
Totally agree. At least TRY to run the ball. Two chances to get two yards and at least make them use 1 or 2 time outs. C'mon Man !!!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Going forward, without a serious upgrade at QB, either by Mettenburger getting a great deal better or by them recruiting someone else, It ain't going to get any better for LSU.

It's good... 10 or 11 wins and all... but they're not breaking through the ceiling. That offense is inept. They'll always play us tough because they hate us and play out of their minds in that game.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
i wanted all sec teams to win, but, the game manager coach les once again shows his biggest problem. game management. who is the wonder off coordinator on this team? one first down would have been enough to run out the clock. 8 yards on first down, and then let slow witted metzenberger attempt passes that had not worked all night. give me a break. oh, well i pity the lsu fans that have to put up with the big game loss machine.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
I'm on record for saying by the end of next year, ole Les is gone from Baton Rouge. I realize that's a bit of a stretch, but he sure helped my prediction tonight. A typical post from one of the Who's fan forums:

"The only thing I can say is that this might be the best thing to have happen to LSU. Miles won't be able to hide behind 11 wins and a bowl win to keep his coaching staff. After last years bowl game and this embarrassment LSU Alum if non one will force changes. The admin might be dumb enough to extend Miles but if money starts drying up something will get done."

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I sure called this one wrong. Should have been a blow out by LSU but they didn't keep the players hydrated evidently because they were falling like flies. Some bad calls by the refs didn't help but Les gave it away with the play calling on LSU's last posession.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I think its funny LSU fans want to fire les. He's done remarkably well there record wise, and they wouldn't be any better over the long term with another coach. Seems like they think they should be on our level, playing in NC games every year. Oh well, maybe they'll get what they want.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.