Game Thread: LSU vs. Clemson

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
This announcer is ridiculous with this targeting talk. So players can't leave their feet to make a tackle anymore? He was saying this all during another bowl game also. Just don't understand it..

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
This announcer is ridiculous with this targeting talk. So players can't leave their feet to make a tackle anymore? He was saying this all during another bowl game also. Just don't understand it..
This crew thinks that talk about targeting is more important than the actual game given the few times I've heard them this season and during the bowls.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Did I read that right? Les Miles has only one non-conference loss since he's been at LSU?
I was a bit surprised by that as well, but it is true. His only loss at LSU to a non-SEC team was in 2009 at the Capital One Bowl to Penn State (19-17).

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
This crew thinks that talk about targeting is more important than the actual game given the few times I've heard them this season and during the bowls.
Completely agree. I understand they are trying to eliminate the vicious leading with the helmet shots, but anytime a defenders helmet touches an offensive player this crew laments that the defender "left his feet" and was "leading with the crown." That tackle on mettenberger on the sideline was a routine tackle in my book.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Well the logic is...if the offensive player is changing the "sight picture" mid-tackle...it isn't the defender's fault.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.