Game Thread: LSU vs. Clemson

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Play and lose in the BCSNCG to start 2012 to lose to Clemson in the Chik-Fi-La bowl on the last day of 2012. Interesting year in the life of the Mad Hatter.

Bamatide44

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 26, 2009
It's becoming that LSU wins inspite of Les.

I'd be furious too if I was a LSU fan. Keep in mind, your team is an extension of the head coach. Makes sense they lost tonight!

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I think its funny LSU fans want to fire les. He's done remarkably well there record wise, and they wouldn't be any better over the long term with another coach. Seems like they think they should be on our level, playing in NC games every year. Oh well, maybe they'll get what they want.
If Sumlin at A&M does well and Alabama being Alabama, LSU may never get above 3rd in SEC with Miles in the lead.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I think its funny LSU fans want to fire les. He's done remarkably well there record wise, and they wouldn't be any better over the long term with another coach. Seems like they think they should be on our level, playing in NC games every year. Oh well, maybe they'll get what they want.

Who would be a good replacement for Miles? Since LSU got Les from okie State why not Gundy? Or maybe Tressel, I think McSweatervest would do very well in the SEC.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Who would be a good replacement for Miles? Since LSU got Les from okie State why not Gundy? Or maybe Tressel, I think McSweatervest would do very well in the SEC.
Idk. LSU is the only big instate school and is in fertile recruiting ground, but I don't think they would attract as many big names as they think they would. Not sure a lot of people are crazy about living in baton rouge..

Luvubama

All-SEC
May 26, 2008
Charlotte NC
Coming late to the party but the right team did win this game! Clemson had a rough 3rd qtr but they
ruled the rest of the game. Congrats to Dabo and Tajh!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think Les should take a lot of fault in this loss. Alabama elected to bleed timeouts in the SECCG and it was ultimately why Alabama won the game. I get the first down throw. Super high percentage but the next two throws were like a gambler who didn't know when to cash his winnings. The fact they had 3 TOs changed approach to that drive for Dabo because they could attack the whole field.

There is reason for the "book" on those situations. Like with all stories, the author can take some liberties with retelling the same old stories...but the endings are almost always the same. You try to pound out one first down but worst case you bleed their timeouts and limit their offensive choices in 2-minute.

Didn't get to see the end of the game, but I'm scratching my head on this one. As talented as LSU is, they always seem to screw things up in the post season. No reason why they should have lost to Clemson, a team that did get better as the season went on, but a team that shouldn't be on the field with the best of the SEC. Now, people will look at Alabama like ND can wipe the field with them. LSU lost to a team from the poor ACC.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
We watched until the bitter end. IMO, it was a case of The Hat over-thinking things on LSU's last drive. Clemson expected a run, but got fooled with a 7 yard pass play. Fine. Now RUN the ball and chew up the clock (less than 2 minutes left). Really all they needed was another first down to hang on. BUT NOOOOO, they throw two incomplete passes and punt it back to a QB who's on a hot streak.

Give Clemson proper credit for converting a 4th and 16, but the rest of the drive was fairly routine, aided by some penalties.

Clemson didn't need to use time outs, because an LSU player stayed down on almost every play of Clemson's last drive, stopping the clock. Their defense was absolutely out of gas. The announcers said by game's end the LSU defense had been on the field for almost 100 plays. A number of their starters, including both DE's, were out by then.

A good lesson on conditioning, depth of talent, clock management, and above all... the other team is good, and wants to win the game too!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.