Game Thread: LSU vs. Clemson

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Les should have just called a fake punt on fourth and two. It woulda been entertaining plus if they made it he could have a do over. If he failed then LSU could drive right after the Clemson TD on the very next play.

jef0071

Suspended
Dec 19, 2005
Hewitt, Texas, United States
this lsWHO loss was the best thing to happen yesterday. i dont care how they lost or why they lost...bottom line is...THEY LOST!!! I NEVER wanna see them in any sport at any time vs anybody. i was born and raised there in LOSERana AND HATE THAT SCHOOL AND THEIR FAN BASE MORE THAN ANY OTHER SCHOOL IN THE COUNTRY..ROLL TIDE!!!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
He also joined the cast of Happy Days. but it was after they jumped the shark.
Yeah I know him as Roger from "Happy Days," but I figured it was more likely someone would have seen "Married With Children" than "Happy Days" in that more modern generation.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
The Les Miles we've all come to know and often stare at, continues to exist in an alternate universe in which Les alone knows the rules.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
this lsWHO loss was the best thing to happen yesterday. i dont care how they lost or why they lost...bottom line is...THEY LOST!!! I NEVER wanna see them in any sport at any time vs anybody. i was born and raised there in LOSERana AND HATE THAT SCHOOL AND THEIR FAN BASE MORE THAN ANY OTHER SCHOOL IN THE COUNTRY..ROLL TIDE!!!
Working with some of them did it to me.

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
I don't dislike LSU. On the contrary, I have good childhood memories of listening to 'em on the radio in L.A. during the '50s. Sorry to see 'em lose OOC.

Like everyone else has noted, Miles' play-calling on LSU's last possession is baffling. What in the world was he thinking??..

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
If I recall correctly Bama was faced with a similar situation in the SECCG. Holding the ball, we ran three straight times, didn't get the first down but ran the clock. In the end, it made a difference.
Regardless of what the stats say, this one is on Les for play calling that resulted in poor clock management.
Call it 'Saban's revenge.' Who's to say Les and his OC passed for three downs because we ran for three downs against UGA and didn't get the first down? Just Les trying to be smart and outdo CNS. But we made UGA use up all their timeouts and, hence, won. And then there's 'Mr. Blitz' Chavis on fourth and sixteen because we played prevent and UGA almost scored. But we blitzed smartly sending CJ at the perfect time. Just Les and LSWho trying to be smarter than CNS and Bama. It must be tough in places like Baton Rouge and aubrens always living in Bama's shadow.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Call it 'Saban's revenge.' Who's to say Les and his OC passed for three downs because we ran for three downs against UGA and didn't get the first down? Just Les trying to be smart and outdo CNS. But we made UGA use up all their timeouts and, hence, won. And then there's 'Mr. Blitz' Chavis on fourth and sixteen because we played prevent and UGA almost scored. But we blitzed smartly sending CJ at the perfect time. Just Les and LSWho trying to be smarter than CNS and Bama. It must be tough in places like Baton Rouge and aubrens always living in Bama's shadow.

Is this post for real?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
Is this post for real?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Tongue in cheek pal. But who's to say what goes through the Madhatter's mind? The fact we didn't get a first down with three straight runs to wrap the win was obvious. But Saban played it correctly and made UGA use their timeouts. Les is a gambler and obviously thought pass despite conventional wisdom. I'm sure Les thought his way was the way to go for whatever reason in his alternate universe.

Last edited:

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
No...they just [as in less than 35 days ago] gave him a raise and extension. The AD should just pack it in as well if he recommends replacing Miles.
LOL. Forgot that. There's a lot of corndogs who would like that money back now. The Madhatter's clock management reached a whole new level last night.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.