Link: 2013 All American Bowl Thread(Army, UA, Semper Fi)

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
We can use this thread to post updates from the games this week.

Under Armour All-America game, January 4, 4:00 p.m. (CST), ESPN, Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg, Fla.

Commitments: O.J. Howard, Cooper Bateman, DeMarcus Walker, Grant Hill, Robert Foster, Maurice Smith

Other recruits to watch: Robert Nkemdiche, Alvin Kamara, Matthew Thomas, Vonn Bell, Reuben Foster, Dee Liner, Montravius Adams, Tim Williams, Chris Jones, Hunter Henry, Antonio Conner, Kendell Beckwith, Jeryl Brazil.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8718149/2013-armour-game-rosters

U.S. Army All-American game, January 5, 12:00 p.m. (CST), NBC, Alamodome, San Antonio, Texas.

Commitments: Derrick Henry, Altee Tenpenny, Tyren Jones, Jonathan Allen

Recruits to watch: Laremy Tunsil, Austin Golson,

http://www.usarmyallamericanbowl.com/

Semper Fi All-American Bowl, January 4, 8:00 p.m. (CST), NFL Network, Home Depot Center, Carson, Calif.

Commitments: Darius Paige, Anthony Averett, Cole Mazza

http://www.semperfidelisfootball.com/event

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Tide and Dawgs at top for RB Kamara

The Under Armour All-America Game boasts a bevy of talented running backs, and after the first practice ESPN 150 prospect Alvin Kamara (Norcross, Ga./Norcross) drew comparisons to one of the best.

“They say I play like Percy Harvin,” Kamara said.

The 5-foot-10, 192-pound tailback has made a name for himself as a home-run threat out of the backfield or lined up in the slot, which makes it no surprise that programs across the country are pining for his commitment. Two from the SEC are in the lead.

“Alabama and Georgia are the front-runners, but I am still looking at Oregon -- and Tennessee too, with Butch Jones being there now,” Kamara said.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/on-the-trail/tag/_/name/under-armour-game-2013

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
The 6-foot-3, 196-pound pocket passer, who has been committed to Alabama since May, said he is excited to be throwing to Alabama tight end commit O.J. Howard and new Alabama wide receiver commit Robert Foster.

"This is great," Bateman said. "I got guys I throw to back at home, but nothing like O.J. and Robert. I've seen Robert for a little while and the other guys have talked about him. But I'm glad we got him though, I'm excited to work with him."

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
The 6-foot-3, 196-pound pocket passer, who has been committed to Alabama since May, said he is excited to be throwing to Alabama tight end commit O.J. Howard and new Alabama wide receiver commit Robert Foster.

"This is great," Bateman said. "I got guys I throw to back at home, but nothing like O.J. and Robert. I've seen Robert for a little while and the other guys have talked about him. But I'm glad we got him though, I'm excited to work with him."
Robert Foster was in the top 5 on the preformers from day 1 at the UA game. I expect him to shoot up the rankings after the game on friday. I know he is already high in the rankings ,but I'm thinking top 15, where he was at the first of the year.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Andrew Bone @AndrewJBone

#OleMiss was not the school Antonio Conner named as his favorite today. Decision on Friday

UA is who he named as a slight leader, but he is still planning on taking his OVs after this week.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Andrew Bone @AndrewJBone

#OleMiss was not the school Antonio Conner named as his favorite today. Decision on Friday

UA is who he named as a slight leader, but he is still planning on taking his OVs after this week.
The only team that could pry him from Ole Miss is BAMA ,but I think he is creating Drama fro his announcement

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Do we even have room for him? I'm hoping the Liner-Foster duo make it to the capstone together along with Vonn Bell, we'll turn him into a STAR.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Defensive tackle- Paige
The most dominant prospect at the event, there were no offensive linemen that could consistently handle Paige’s quickness and strength. He was disruptive and stout against the run and showed the ability to pass rush, particularly on one roll out play by quarterback Eddie Printz where Paige tracked him down. Had this been a live football game, it would have been a huge, impressive sack.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Defensive tackle- Paige
The most dominant prospect at the event, there were no offensive linemen that could consistently handle Paige’s quickness and strength. He was disruptive and stout against the run and showed the ability to pass rush, particularly on one roll out play by quarterback Eddie Printz where Paige tracked him down. Had this been a live football game, it would have been a huge, impressive sack.

Most underrated commit

Bamalawdawg

3rd Team
Dec 28, 2011
Most underrated commit
The Semper Fi is sort of the 3 star bowl, but the guys who really show out in that game and the practices are every bit as good as the guys who do not stand out in the AA/UA games who have 4 stars in front of their names. I'll take a Semper Fi star over a 4/5 star also-ran every time. The biggest difference I have noticed from the lesser national All-Star games is that there are few true freshman stars out there. Even the best are longer term prospects.

Good thing for Paige, we need him as a #3 NT in 2013, possible redshirt. Can't wait to see him at 20 years of age at 6'4, 320 with 2 years of Cochran. Sounds like a future NT beast.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.