Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Bama vs. Wisconsin in the 2015 Cowboys Classic

As I've said before, I just don't see how this opponent helps us in the long run. It's not a marquee matchup, and we don't compete for recruits very often. I would much rather have seen Nebraska or Ohio St if we were going to play a Big 10 team.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Well, we don't know where anyone will be ranked or what kind of teams they will have in 2015. Wisconsin could be in the top ten that year, which would be good for us. But their name doesn't have the pull others have.

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamabomber View Post
    As I've said before, I just don't see how this opponent helps us in the long run. It's not a marquee matchup, and we don't compete for recruits very often. I would much rather have seen Nebraska or Ohio St if we were going to play a Big 10 team.
    tOSU would never agree to play us, you can hang that up. Urban ran from Saban in conference, he isn't going to schedule him on purpose. AS for someone who mentioned playing Texas... They are irrelevant, and would be more of a yawn then Wisconsin.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Wisconsin has won the Big Ten the last three years. We didn't sign up for a game with an absolute pansy here.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Wisconsin has won the Big Ten the last three years. We didn't sign up for a game with an absolute pansy here.
    My thoughts exactly and didnt' they just lay 70 pts on Nebraska in their CG? And its yet another chance under Saban(presumably) to wipe out another losing record against an opponent.
    Last edited by deliveryman35; December 31st, 2012 at 10:41 PM.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Nothing wrong playing Wisconsin, hard to say what either team will have in three years. Michigan did notturn out to be the anticipated marquee matchup this year we thought they would be.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Wisconsin won it this year because the two best teams in the conference were both ineligible, and the 3rd best team didn't even show up for the championship game, they won it last year because they were riding on Russell Wilson the whole way. No, they aren't a pansy, but I don't like this matchup.

As I said in a previous thread, we will go into this game with everyone expecting us to win, and probably win big. However, Wisconsin has the reputation as a giant killer, albeit a very streaky giant killer. If we win this game, everyone will say that we won because we were the better team, but if we lose, it will be hailed as the upset of the year, and will surely knock us out of the championship hunt.

In my opinion, if we are going to schedule a big game to open every season, then we need to schedule a BIG game that will boost the SoS and help with recruiting efforts, and I just don't see this matchup as doing either.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

BB,

By all means please call Mal Moore and Coach Saban(who directly assists with scheduling these games) and enlighten them on how to build our future NC schedules.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Last thing I will say is this, I mean no disrespect to Wisconsin. They have a decent history, and a knack for knocking off some people that they have no business beating. I think this game will be enjoyable, and their are a lot worse teams we could have gotten to open that season. Wiscy isn't my first choice, but I do commend our respective athletic departments for making it happen. Here's hoping it will be a fun game for both teams and their fans. Roll Tide

Suspended
    My Mood
    Shocked on TideFans.com

Bama vs. Wisconsin in the 2015 Cowboys Classic

Weak

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    BB,

By all means please call Mal Moore and Coach Saban(who directly assists with scheduling these games) and enlighten them on how to build our future NC schedules.
    Hence the reason I posted my follow up statement. I missed the memo though that differing opinions aren't allowed to be shared on an opinion board. Thanks for reading!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamabomber View Post
    Wisconsin won it this year because the two best teams in the conference were both ineligible, and the 3rd best team didn't even show up for the championship game, they won it last year because they were riding on Russell Wilson the whole way. No, they aren't a pansy, but I don't like this matchup.

As I said in a previous thread, we will go into this game with everyone expecting us to win, and probably win big. However, Wisconsin has the reputation as a giant killer, albeit a very streaky giant killer. If we win this game, everyone will say that we won because we were the better team, but if we lose, it will be hailed as the upset of the year, and will surely knock us out of the championship hunt.

In my opinion, if we are going to schedule a big game to open every season, then we need to schedule a BIG game that will boost the SoS and help with recruiting efforts, and I just don't see this matchup as doing either.
    I don't see how scheduling Wisky isn't fulfilling all the major needs of these types of games. They will likely finish with 8 or more wins, they will be ranked coming into the game in all likelihood, and it is in Dallas which is a major recruiting area in the South.

BamaNation All-American CrimsonForce's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Kinda like starting off with VT next year. Not a lot to gain, but a lot to lose.