Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Bama vs. Wisconsin in the 2015 Cowboys Classic

Wisconsin is an excellent opener. I'll be there.

I wonder what other teams were considered. Did Michigan not want any more of Alabama?

To the earlier poster, Texas will be good in 3 years, with or without Mac Brown. I heard on the radio this morning (Bill King) that if Texas loses to Oklahoma in the upcoming season, Mac is out. Texas is a sleeping giant and scares me more than any other program. IMO, Texas should win the NC once every four or five years with their money and recruiting base.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Bama vs. Wisconsin in the 2015 Cowboys Classic

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    My point is it is near impossible for an SEC to play "north of the Ohio River" in the Fall/Winter because no worthwhile bowl is up that way and OOC games are played in late Summer.
    The packed Conf schedules have all but ended that possibility. That and the fact that a late season loss will kill your BCS chances.

Suspended

There you go. A man of honesty. Can't chance that late season loss. Of course, every year ND goes either to Southern Cal or Stanford and has to take their chances. They have lost several National Championship opportunities by going to SC at the end of the year and Miami as well. More to the point: Once the playoff system starts it seems to me some consistency in scheduling dynamics need to be in place. Maybe even recruiting policies and admissions standards need to be addressed as well. I know when number restrictions kicked in ND was hurt because they could no longer stock pile talent and had to be much more selective in who they could bring in. Even to this day; their 5th year policy is difficult. The decision can only be made by the university at the end of the 4th year and the student must be full time enrolled in a graduate program and must already have their undergraduate degree. I have heard, for example, that many SEC schools do something called; "gray shirting". However, I don't know exactly what it means. Could someone explain?

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Go Bama View Post
    Wisconsin is an excellent opener. I'll be there.

I wonder what other teams were considered. Did Michigan not want any more of Alabama?

To the earlier poster, Texas will be good in 3 years, with or without Mac Brown. I heard on the radio this morning (Bill King) that if Texas loses to Oklahoma in the upcoming season, Mac is out. Texas is a sleeping giant and scares me more than any other program. IMO, Texas should win the NC once every four or five years with their money and recruiting base.
    You would think but they don't. For the size of their program and the money they have they have won very few NC in their history. IMO they have been a sleeping giant for over 100 years.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by mmboys07 View Post
    There you go. A man of honesty. Can't chance that late season loss. Of course, every year ND goes either to Southern Cal or Stanford and has to take their chances. They have lost several National Championship opportunities by going to SC at the end of the year and Miami as well. More to the point: Once the playoff system starts it seems to me some consistency in scheduling dynamics need to be in place. Maybe even recruiting policies and admissions standards need to be addressed as well. I know when number restrictions kicked in ND was hurt because they could no longer stock pile talent and had to be much more selective in who they could bring in. Even to this day; their 5th year policy is difficult. The decision can only be made by the university at the end of the 4th year and the student must be full time enrolled in a graduate program and must already have their undergraduate degree. I have heard, for example, that many SEC schools do something called; "gray shirting". However, I don't know exactly what it means. Could someone explain?
    This is all of Notre Dame's choosing. Do not fault others for your own choices. Notre Dame has had numerous opportunities to join a conference in football and they have declined. Since Alabama plays a conference schedule, their toughest games are always in November, just the same as good ole Notre Dame. It just so happens we also have a conference title on the line, something the Fighting Irish don't have to worry about.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by mmboys07 View Post
    Traveling to Souther Cal is part of Notre Dame's deal. They don't play in a conference so who would they play if they didn't go to play there. I guess they would pick an Iowa St. since it is a little closer. It is no more different than Alabama playing LSU in November or an SEC Championship game.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm fine playing Wisconsin. We've played both better and worse teams. If their claim to fame is beating us in 1928... more power to em. I'm more interested in what they can do in 2015.