Bama vs. Wisconsin in the 2015 Cowboys Classic

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
BB,

By all means please call Mal Moore and Coach Saban(who directly assists with scheduling these games) and enlighten them on how to build our future NC schedules.:rolleyes:

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Last thing I will say is this, I mean no disrespect to Wisconsin. They have a decent history, and a knack for knocking off some people that they have no business beating. I think this game will be enjoyable, and their are a lot worse teams we could have gotten to open that season. Wiscy isn't my first choice, but I do commend our respective athletic departments for making it happen. Here's hoping it will be a fun game for both teams and their fans. Roll Tide

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
BB,

By all means please call Mal Moore and Coach Saban(who directly assists with scheduling these games) and enlighten them on how to build our future NC schedules.
Hence the reason I posted my follow up statement. I missed the memo though that differing opinions aren't allowed to be shared on an opinion board.:rolleyes: Thanks for reading!!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Wisconsin won it this year because the two best teams in the conference were both ineligible, and the 3rd best team didn't even show up for the championship game, they won it last year because they were riding on Russell Wilson the whole way. No, they aren't a pansy, but I don't like this matchup.

As I said in a previous thread, we will go into this game with everyone expecting us to win, and probably win big. However, Wisconsin has the reputation as a giant killer, albeit a very streaky giant killer. If we win this game, everyone will say that we won because we were the better team, but if we lose, it will be hailed as the upset of the year, and will surely knock us out of the championship hunt.

In my opinion, if we are going to schedule a big game to open every season, then we need to schedule a BIG game that will boost the SoS and help with recruiting efforts, and I just don't see this matchup as doing either.
I don't see how scheduling Wisky isn't fulfilling all the major needs of these types of games. They will likely finish with 8 or more wins, they will be ranked coming into the game in all likelihood, and it is in Dallas which is a major recruiting area in the South.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Yes, Texas is down right now, but a random football fan is going to be more interested in watching Texas than Wisconsin.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
It's a good OoC game and will bolster the SoS and is a match-up against a respected major conference opponent. Therefore, it's a good game for the schedule on par with a UCLA, Clemson, or Oklahoma St. Wisconsin is not a "marquee" team like Michigan or USC or FSU or Texas, but year in and year out Wisconsin fields good teams that are physical and often ranked, sometimes highly, and they usually present a tough challenge for anyone on their schedule. Looking forward to it, myself.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
Would have preferred Nebraska over Wisconsin. But I really wish it would have been Oregon or Southern Cal. Texas would have been good too.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
All just names, imo.

USC isn't going to be good the next few years, Oregon will be losing Kelly more than likely so who knows, Texas is a big mess, and Nebraska is very underwhelming... Wisconsin, at least, is a three time defending Big Ten champ...

Last edited:

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
The naysayers will be singing a different tune if UW goes 12-1 next year and wins the Rose Bowl.

venegoni

Scout Team
Mar 18, 2007
When you are the top program in the nation you havea lot to lose playing anyone. I love this matchup. Beats playing SanJose St..

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I don't get the lukewarm response to this game. Whatever were the circumstances, Wisconsin won three straight conference titles and that is hard to do. They've been won of the 3 or 4 best programs in their conference for over a decade.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I love this game ! Work took me to Wisconsin, and I met tons of great folks and fans. They're not scared of a party, and their teams have been built on a stout run game and defense. Their band is absolutely one of the best you'll ever see.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I don't get the lukewarm response to this game. Whatever were the circumstances, Wisconsin won three straight conference titles and that is hard to do. They've been won of the 3 or 4 best programs in their conference for over a decade.
for me, it's a bit of the 'notre dame disease', honestly. They get accolades for the names on their schedule, whether those teams are actually good or not.

'They played usc, michigan, navy.....etc....what a hard schedule! Look at the names they played'

For me, it's kinda the same thing. Probably will be a good game, but I can just imagine the rest of the country yawning at the matchup. I may be wrong...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.