Bama vs. Wisconsin in the 2015 Cowboys Classic

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
We're headed back to Arlington in a few yrs...the game is a done deal according to Chase Goodbread earlier today over at Tidesports. We now have three marquee opponents for openers the next three seasons...Looking forward to evening up our record against the Badgers to 1-1.:)

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
We're headed back to Arlington in a few yrs...the game is a done deal according to Chase Goodbread earlier today over at Tidesports. We now have three marquee opponents for openers the next three seasons...Looking forward to evening up our record against the Badgers to 1-1.:)
Thanks for the update. OK, I'll bite. When did we lose to Wis? I have been keeping up with Bama since the 60's and don't recall a game against Wisc.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Thanks for the update. OK, I'll bite. When did we lose to Wis? I have been keeping up with Bama since the 60's and don't recall a game against Wisc.
1928 15-0 in Madison. I believe the next time we played a Big 10 team in the regular season was 2010 against Penn State.

Last edited:

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
People keep saying they don't like the opponent, but to me it's fine... Would I have rather had a USC, UCLA, or Oklahoma? Probably...but I'm okay with this...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
1928 15-0 in Madison. I believe the next time we played a Big 10 team in the regular season was 2010 against Penn State.
Yeah, other than the chance to even the series record the concept of playing Wisconsin is a major yawn to me. No offense to any Badgers visiting here, but I'd rather play a big "name" such as Nebraska or Texas.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
As I've said before, I just don't see how this opponent helps us in the long run. It's not a marquee matchup, and we don't compete for recruits very often. I would much rather have seen Nebraska or Ohio St if we were going to play a Big 10 team.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Well, we don't know where anyone will be ranked or what kind of teams they will have in 2015. Wisconsin could be in the top ten that year, which would be good for us. But their name doesn't have the pull others have.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
As I've said before, I just don't see how this opponent helps us in the long run. It's not a marquee matchup, and we don't compete for recruits very often. I would much rather have seen Nebraska or Ohio St if we were going to play a Big 10 team.
tOSU would never agree to play us, you can hang that up. Urban ran from Saban in conference, he isn't going to schedule him on purpose. AS for someone who mentioned playing Texas... They are irrelevant, and would be more of a yawn then Wisconsin.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Wisconsin has won the Big Ten the last three years. We didn't sign up for a game with an absolute pansy here.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Wisconsin has won the Big Ten the last three years. We didn't sign up for a game with an absolute pansy here.
My thoughts exactly and didnt' they just lay 70 pts on Nebraska in their CG? And its yet another chance under Saban(presumably) to wipe out another losing record against an opponent.

Last edited:

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Nothing wrong playing Wisconsin, hard to say what either team will have in three years. Michigan did notturn out to be the anticipated marquee matchup this year we thought they would be.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Wisconsin won it this year because the two best teams in the conference were both ineligible, and the 3rd best team didn't even show up for the championship game, they won it last year because they were riding on Russell Wilson the whole way. No, they aren't a pansy, but I don't like this matchup.

As I said in a previous thread, we will go into this game with everyone expecting us to win, and probably win big. However, Wisconsin has the reputation as a giant killer, albeit a very streaky giant killer. If we win this game, everyone will say that we won because we were the better team, but if we lose, it will be hailed as the upset of the year, and will surely knock us out of the championship hunt.

In my opinion, if we are going to schedule a big game to open every season, then we need to schedule a BIG game that will boost the SoS and help with recruiting efforts, and I just don't see this matchup as doing either.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.