BamaNation Third Team

How one school handles their boosters...get in line with everyone else...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-espn-magazine

Listen in as Notre Dame grad Kevin Compton -- the lead donor for the Irish's $53 million hockey arena -- reacts to winning seats at the BCS championship game in the school's lottery. "I'm thrilled to have two tickets," says the San Jose Sharks' lead owner.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American CrimsonForce's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Re: How one school handles their boosters...get in line with everyone else...

For some reason that article doesn't have the ring of truth to me. I'm not saying the ticket lottery doesn't exist, but if someone can donate $53 million dollars to a school, I'm sure he could buy a ticket to the game (off scalpers if need be) without the "luck" of winning this lottery. I also highly doubt that the biggest donating boosters have no power or say in athletics department affairs without going through an affairs committee.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Yeah, I'm sure he'd have been sitting at home if he hadn't won the tickets in a lottery. Sure he would. But to your point, if you've put in the cash, you deserve some benefit. It's pretty stupid that people who haven't put in the money and the time can just jump in the lottery, get lucky and get tickets, and then sell them. Brilliant. Sounds more like communism than common sense.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Compton could buy a whole section. This article is silly.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

BamaNation All-SEC RhodeIslandRed's Avatar

You know, the seats may not be in the stands with the mere mortals...