Game Thread: Outback Bowl: South Carolina vs. Michigan

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The state of South Carolina was very well represented in its bowl games yesterday and today. Glad to see Michigan take it on the chin. :biggrin:

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Maybe the game will be good but the Rose and Orange are about the worst games in the BCS era imo.

The Cap 1 and Outback turned out to be solid matchups.
UCONN was 7-5 and unranked but went to the Orange Bowl against Oklahoma. At least NIU is ranked and only has 1 loss. Still, they don't deserve to be there IMO.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
My goodness...
Mine too! Goodness gracious! That has to be one of the very top plays of the year or decade or century and especially after the refs goof up. Clowney is a stud big time. The only thing that would make it better is if he was doing it for the Tide.

If that back wasn't awake, that hit woke him up. There's got to be something wrong with those helmets flying off like that.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
So what do you guys think about that head zebra for this game covering his mouth and that call against Carolina....very uncool.
I liked what the ESPN announcer said (Mike Tirico) while the ref was doing that. Something to the effect of if there were any signals no one wanted to steal on the field, it would be the officials so why cover the mouth.

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
Anyone have a pic of the bad spot/first down call? I saw it live and felt it was 6 inches short and little by little the ball seemed to get closer and then when it was obviously 2" short they call it a first down. Someone needs to check that refs bank account.

tru2thaduce

All-SEC
Nov 25, 2005
Wichita,Kansas
What an awesome football game.Anyone that says the bowls don't mean anything need only check Connor Shaws face at the end of the game.Meant everything to that kid to win this bowl game.Honestly couldn't believe the refs in this game.Must have had $on Michigan.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Anyone have a pic of the bad spot/first down call? I saw it live and felt it was 6 inches short and little by little the ball seemed to get closer and then when it was obviously 2" short they call it a first down. Someone needs to check that refs bank account.
Here's one - not a great pic but you get the 'point'.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.