Game Thread: Georgia vs Nebraska (Capital One Bowl)

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
To me, it just plain looks like Georgia's D is not very good. Nebraska is not a very good team and should not have 24 at the half.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
To me, it just plain looks like Georgia's D is not very good. Nebraska is not a very good team and should not have 24 at the half.
I know where you're going with this. They beat GT 42-10 who just beat USC 21-7. The same USC team that almost beat Notre Dame. Some times teams just get outcoached and/or aren't mentally in the game.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Bowl games are a crap shoot. You take a month off, you have a team that was on the cusp of greatness and they fall from that to playing a team that just gave up 70 in a conference championship. Where is the motivation? Unless a team is motivated internally (not something Georgia has ever been accused of in my lifetime), what do they have to play for in such a situation? We'll see how they recover in the second half though.

athlete37

Scout Team
Dec 13, 2012
I know where you're going with this. They beat GT 42-10 who just beat USC 21-7. The same USC team that almost beat Notre Dame. Some times teams just get outcoached and/or aren't mentally in the game.

If I had to guess, I would venture he was referring to previous posts claiming that Georgia's defense was better than Notre Dame's. If he is going for the transitive property, I completely agree that it's useless comparing. Drawing on your mentally prepared point, it definitely bears weight noting that Georgia can't be too motivated to play in this game after being yards from a National Championship birth their last game.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
This is the point that Tony Barnhart was making last week. The BCSC game, and in 2014, the four team playoff makes the remaining bowl games meaningless. Meaningless from the standpoint that the teams are not motivated (Georgia and LSU) because Alabama is in the big game. They have nothing to play for and their performances show this.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Georgia is probably about as motivated to play Nebraska as Alabama was to play Utah. Still, I agree the Huskers are not very good and shouldn't have 24 at the half.

Last edited:

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
If I had to guess, I would venture he was referring to previous posts claiming that Georgia's defense was better than Notre Dame's. If he is going for the transitive property, I completely agree that it's useless comparing. Drawing on your mentally prepared point, it definitely bears weight noting that Georgia can't be too motivated to play in this game after being yards from a National Championship birth their last game.
Absolutely. Which is why I tend to look at the overall body of work. Which says UGA's defense is pretty good.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.