Link: 2013 CA DT Eddie Vanderdoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Seems as if EV's dad favors UCLA, his mom favors ND and he is conflicted. In re:dad - he loves Coach McClure and the rest of the staff. Also likes the location and the quality of education.
I hope you went back and read my statements eating crow... :blush:

BruinTide

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 5, 2012
I hope you went back and read my statements eating crow... :blush:
Ha, jsut read it. No worries or need to eat crow. It's not like anyone has any idea what this kid is going to do. As soon as i find a 3-sided coin, i'll let you know who i think will get him.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
The fact is we can hash all the reasons of what we think, but nobody really knows. It seems Eddie favors us, and really wants to play in the SEC. He has made the comment that the difference in SEC and Pac 12 players is that SEC players are more physical, and take it more seriously. It seems his Dad prefers him to stay closer to home, but most feel his Dad will support his decision based on him making the trip here last week. I'm not going to worry myself with ping-ponging back in forth trying to make the right prediction, based on tidbits of info. I'll leave that to the recruiting "experts", most of whom that said 4 days ago Reuben Foster was an AU lock.:)

BruinTide

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 5, 2012
Just proximity from what I have heard... They have had a really good relationship with the staff there too. Especially the new DC, who was at Cal prior. I think it mainly boils down to his (the Dad) comfort with UCLA and the proximity.
DC Spanos was never at Cal. Prior to joining the staff at UCLA, he was LB coach for the redskins. Before that, he was an asst with the steelers for 15 years.

BruinTide

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 5, 2012
Seeing all kind of reports on EV... I am completely lost now, heh..
Yeah, apparently he's going everywhere... and nowhere.

btw, Decommitment Tuesday continues across town. Word is 4* DE Prevot has decommitted and will flip to TAMU.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Yeah, apparently he's going everywhere... and nowhere.

btw, Decommitment Tuesday continues across town. Word is 4* DE Prevot has decommitted and will flip to TAMU.
Thank you for that excellent update. I hate he will be in the SEC but giddy to hear SC's class is crumbling.

BruinTide

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 5, 2012
Thank you for that excellent update. I hate he will be in the SEC but giddy to hear SC's class is crumbling.
Evidently he's still going to choose between TAMU and Oregon. There are even reports now that 4* OT Nico Falah may flip to Washington. This just keeps getting better and better. And the reason Haden kept Kiffin was to keep this recruiting class together.

BruinTide

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 5, 2012
This was tweeted by local HS Coach from Dorsey HS (think Jonathan Franklin, Keyshawn, Cris Mims, Rahim Moore,etc)...

"Lame Kiffen should Decommit from USC"

BruinTide

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 5, 2012
Amazingly, the departure of the 4* commit would actually raise the average star rating of Southern Cal's class.
True, but everyone saw what the lack of depth did to them last season. Now they have to hit on every signee, and that's just impossible.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Back on topic here, it looks like Eddie has three good schools from which to choose. This thread is trending towards UCLA so I will say Bama just to mix it up a bit :cool:

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I am like so many others....really hoping he comes to Bama. He seems like he will be successful whereever he goes. However he might only be a Champion at Bama. He would be good for Bama and Bama would be good for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.