Link: 2013 CA DT Eddie Vanderdoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
In the past 24 hours it has been Alabama, UCLA, Alabama again, Notre Dame, Alabama again, 50/50, and now Notre Dame again. Bottom line: No one knows. Either the family is deliberately putting out misinformation, or, much more likely, a bunch of self-proclaimed "experts" and "insiders," in addition to a few message board heroes, are making it up as they go along.

The botched ND press release probably tells you he's going to South Bend. Then again, Reed signing with Florida could be a good sign here.

I'm a bit wary here, so we'll see. Reed wanted to come to 'Bama badly, and I'm afraid we've missed on him waiting on Vanderdoes, only to see him sign with the Fighting Irish. Hope I'm wrong, but that is the potential collateral damage here. Couldn't blame Reed for feeling like he was being yanked around a bit.

Last edited:

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Does anyone think Saban goes balistic if we come up and have a left over scholarship? Or does he find someone to use it or save for an early enrollee next year.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I am sure that all of us want him. But one thing is certain...we have Paige, Liner and maybe Robinson (hopefully) in this class so the DLine looks shored up pretty well with great talent in this class.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
Does anyone think Saban goes balistic if we come up and have a left over scholarship? Or does he find someone to use it or save for an early enrollee next year.
Why would he? We're loaded. It is always a gamble when you recruit high profile kids that are 500, or more, miles away. It will just mean that kids that would have greyshirted, will now enroll this summer. On to the 2014 class.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

No way Saban goes ballistic. I hope that was a rhetoric question. Most teams don't fill their entire allotment of commitments. We had a great class before the day even started. We added one more and possibly 2 or 3 more at the end of the day. Even if we don't get Kamara or Robinson, we have an incredible class and we'll win lots of games with these players. We all need to ease off the pressure of expectation (including myself) and just admire the wonderful job all of the coaches and recruiters have done.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Saban is currently scheduled to speak with the media at 4:00 central time, which is a good three hours before Vanderdoes is to announce. Reading the tea leaves, I kind of tend to think that tells you where Vanderdoes is headed.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
No way Saban goes ballistic. I hope that was a rhetoric question. Most teams don't fill their entire allotment of commitments. We had a great class before the day even started. We added one more and possibly 2 or 3 more at the end of the day. Even if we don't get Kamara or Robinson, we have an incredible class and we'll win lots of games with these players. We all need to ease off the pressure of expectation (including myself) and just admire the wonderful job all of the coaches and recruiters have done.
I couldnt agree more...we have definitly become one spoiled fanbase. We get a top recruting class, and start chewing it apart like a hounddog with a rawhide bone...;)

The class is stacked as it is...and if we get one or two more its icing on the cake....an incredible haul, for like the 6th year in a row!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Saban is currently scheduled to speak with the media at 4:00 central time, which is a good three hours before Vanderdoes is to announce. Reading the tea leaves, I kind of tend to think that tells you where Vanderdoes is headed.
Yep, I would think that pretty well puts a bow on it.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
In the past 24 hours it has been Alabama, UCLA, Alabama again, Notre Dame, Alabama again, 50/50, and now Notre Dame again. Bottom line: No one knows. Either the family is deliberately putting out misinformation, or, much more likely, a bunch of self-proclaimed "experts" and "insiders," in addition to a few message board heroes, are making it up as they go along.

The botched ND press release probably tells you he's going to South Bend. Then again, Reed signing with Florida could be a good sign here.

I'm a bit wary here, so we'll see. Reed wanted to come to 'Bama badly, and I'm afraid we've missed on him waiting on Vanderdoes, only to see him sign with the Fighting Irish. Hope I'm wrong, but that is the potential collateral damage here. Couldn't blame Reed for feeling like he was being yanked around a bit.
Sounds about right, as I've been adding to this all day myself.
;)

Nobodys an expert, but we all read everything and try to figure out what they're thinijg...just hard to do sometimes.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yes, and it means Reed would have had to wait until 8:00 EST. Not reasonable...

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Or either he has a hot date later tonight and does not want to wait till 8pm to have his press conference. It could happen.

lincoln_osiris

1st Team
Feb 11, 2009
Just curious, Linc, why do you think ND? As I`ve said, UCLA I can understand. ND, not so much.
No one thing in particular, just kind of the consensus I've seen from different places. Probably most of my reason is to set myself up not to be disappointed if he goes elsewhere. Especially since with or without him I think we will have the number 1 class for the 5th time in six years. Good time to be a Tide fan.

Roll Tide

Capstone46

1st Team
Jun 5, 2000
Saban's speaking times to the press and following to a group of boosters are the same time every year. They were scheduled before EV set his announcement time. I have actually heard CNS mention in previous NSD briefings that we might not be through for the day.
I know nothing about EV but would expect him to go to ND ....unless CNS avoids talking about him during the news conference and the following briefing. That MIGHT mean hope.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Saban's speaking times to the press and following to a group of boosters are the same time every year. They were scheduled before EV set his announcement time. I have actually heard CNS mention in previous NSD briefings that we might not be through for the day.
I know nothing about EV but would expect him to go to ND ....unless CNS avoids talking about him during the news conference and the following briefing. That MIGHT mean hope.
I definitely remember him saying they were still waiting on some people at his previous pressers. Pretty sure Cyrus caused one of these situations.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Yeah and I think all the ESPN channels will be having basketball games on at 7pm. If he is going to do it on an ESPN network then he would do it before then. Chances are EV doesn't come to Tuscaloosa anyways but I am sure he will have a spot if he so chooses. Great class by the way! ROLL TIDE!!! :)

riggstidefan7

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 10, 2011
Guin, AL
And Brian Kelly already had his Signing Day press conference at noon. This can go either way regardless of press conference times.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
And Brian Kelly already had his Signing Day press conference at noon. This can go either way regardless of press conference times.
That may be, but off-hand I cannot recall Saban ever holding his Signing Day press conference without having the full class already signed, sealed, and delivered.

The only exception to that, of course, was in 2011 with the Cyrus Kouandjio melodrama, but that was more of a forced hand than anything else, because it was clear that Kouandjio was going to take a few days to make a decision and Saban had to address the media on NSD.

Not saying it could not be different this time around -- first time for everything, of course -- I'm just saying it would constitute a break from the status quo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.