Link: 2013 CA DT Eddie Vanderdoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Early last week when Eddie Vanderdoes 6’3” 300 Auburn, CA, (Packer, HS) de-committed from USC, he made his HS HC Joey Montoya’s holiday plans more hectic than he had hoped for. “You can say that my phone has not stopped ringing since Eddie opened his recruitment back up.”

Once it became public, coaches from all over the country started calling.” I got calls from everyone. I just hung up with Florida. With the dead period and Eddie being at the Army game, all the coaches are contacting me hoping Eddie will visit.”

One school that did not waste anytime contacting Vanderdoes and Coach Montoya was Alabama. “Both Coach Nuss and Coach Rumph from Alabama have called, Coach Montoya said. “There is a lot of interest in Eddie from Alabama and I know he likes them as well.”

Probably should start a thread on this kid. But we are after him hard and it seems he may be as well. Even though it just went public that he decommited he actually did a few weeks ago and contacted our staff 1st. Scheduling an OV to UA currently and Saban is already setting up an inhome visit.

http://247sports.com/Article/Eddie-Vanderdoes-109112

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
SAN ANTONIO -- Minutes after Eddie Vanderdoes made it public that he de-committed from USC, another powerhouse jumped in his recruitment and could play a factor in the weeks leading up to signing day.

"Alabama is in the picture," Vanderdoes said at U.S. Army Bowl registration.

"They contacted me after I de-committed. It's a huge program. About an hour after I de-committed they hit me up and they really want me out for a visit. They asked if I still have interest and I said, 'Of course, I do.' After I committed it was just lost in the mix. That will most likely be my other official visit."

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I may eat crow on this one.. I thought there was no chance on this one, and it looks like there is real interest..

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
From the tape, he's not just big. He's a quick twitch DT. He gets by his man and shoots the gap with regularity using his quickness rather than power.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Intriguing prospect, but until he takes an official visit to Tuscaloosa, this is all really just niceties and name-dropping on his end. If he's serious, we'll see him in T'town shortly.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
from a tide perspective he said bama 100% getting an official visit and that he's really looking forward to meeting Coach Rumph in person.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Another USCW commit maybe looking at bama in Kenny Bigelow ‏@4_Fighton_0
Been hanging with @KingHenry_2 and Tenpenny they really opening my eyes to the Tide
Could be nothing but if something happens it will be quick. He is an EE. Also, should tell you about the status of AT and DH

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
vanderdoes mentioned bigelow in his chat. said they're pretty tight and he'd love to play with him on the same dline...

of course this was in regards to both being USC commits but ya never know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.