Link: 2013 CA DT Eddie Vanderdoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Well....we will not be in suspense for too long so that is a good thing. It will be all over tomorrow....I hope. And we have an awesome class regardless.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
From that article, it looks like he still has not decided and doesn't want to be bothered by anyone (coaches included which could mean not giving them a heads up) until he does decide. Do we hold a place for him even if we don't know until 7:00 p.m. or later tomorrow?
He will inform the staffs tonight or tom morning , but to answer yes we would

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
Regardless of what Eddie or his family is telling the press I can guarantee you he knows who he is gonna choose tomorrow and his family likely knows too. It's all recruit speak, just like Foster saying he decided on the drive to Atlanta last night.

BruinTide

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 5, 2012
Hearing from people out here it will come down to UCLA or ND.

Which means he's probably Bama bound.

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010
I think he's really confused right now. It may benefit us because we are "fresh" on his mind.
Regardless of what Eddie or his family is telling the press I can guarantee you he knows who he is gonna choose tomorrow and his family likely knows too. It's all recruit speak, just like Foster saying he decided on the drive to Atlanta last night.

popechild

1st Team
Jan 1, 2002
I don't understand why everyone is so intent on keeping it a secret where they're getting their supposed information. It may be spot on, I don't know, but all the stuff like "there are reports elsewhere..." and "things are trending..." and "people who know..." and "hearing from people..." are frustrating. Even if there's not a link (or a public link) to throw in, it'd still be nice to get a "my friend who's close to the family..." "an athletic department member with one of the schools involved told me..." or "a poster named X on the private board X who has always had good information on UCLA before says...". Honestly, I can think of very, very few instances where there's not at least a way to speak generally about where the information is coming from without getting someone in trouble. To be honest, when I see something that's as generic as the "hearing from people..." types of examples listed above, I pretty much assume that 100% of the time it's just part of the message board echo chamber that's bouncing around. I feel pretty confident there are "in the know" posters on other boards taking things that are said with little to no evidence on this board and spouted as "inside information" on other boards, and vice versa. [/rant]

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012
Good points. That would be helpful.

I think some on boards are privy to nonpublic information, while others like to pretend they are.

The good news is everyone will definitively know the complete class tomorrow. And it's looking like this class will at least rival, and could surpass, the talent level of the 2008, 2009, and 2012 classes.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
I don't understand why everyone is so intent on keeping it a secret where they're getting their supposed information. It may be spot on, I don't know, but all the stuff like "there are reports elsewhere..." and "things are trending..." and "people who know..." and "hearing from people..." are frustrating. Even if there's not a link (or a public link) to throw in, it'd still be nice to get a "my friend who's close to the family..." "an athletic department member with one of the schools involved told me..." or "a poster named X on the private board X who has always had good information on UCLA before says...". Honestly, I can think of very, very few instances where there's not at least a way to speak generally about where the information is coming from without getting someone in trouble. To be honest, when I see something that's as generic as the "hearing from people..." types of examples listed above, I pretty much assume that 100% of the time it's just part of the message board echo chamber that's bouncing around. I feel pretty confident there are "in the know" posters on other boards taking things that are said with little to no evidence on this board and spouted as "inside information" on other boards, and vice versa. [/rant]
If it is reliable information no one is going to tell you where they got it. Because that would be the end of that source. Other stuff comes from multiple sources public and private and it is just easier for some of us recruiting junkies to take the information in and use deduction and reasoning to come up with a prediction. But if people start quoting sources in the Athletic Dept. all of the sudden those sources stop talking when word gets around there may be a leak. Nick doesn't like leaks...

Not so fast my friend, there are reports after that report to say that is false information, but yeah I tend to agree and just will watch intently tomorrow...
I've been drinking a lil and celebrating my birthday. I guess this got me down an inch, but I will be watching or texting extensively tomorrow!

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
A business associate of the elder vanderdoes on another forum evidently contacted the vanderdoes and was informed that he would be staying close to home. That means ucla. But...some here on this forum said not so fast my friend and said the family has denied that they have made a decision. So the best thing we can all do ( just my opinion) is just wait it out because i feel confident we will not solve this case tonight. I personally am happy to just wait and see how it all comes together tomorrow and i can safely say we will all be happy with this class. As someone said today..we will not be just number one but number one with a bullet....a historic class. The folks on this forum are awesome and eveyone does a great job. Thanks for sharing thoughts in a thoughtful way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.