Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You know, I hate when people tells some star he can't be a star in Alabama
Like he would on another team. Why not? If he works hard and puts in the proper time he could be. Yes we recruit very well but that doesn't mean he would get lost in the Alabama sauce. He would do great things in this system because its how we play the 3-4. Seems that people still don't understand CNS and CKS way of things.

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
Saban's system is really a hybrid, depending on situation, but I guess it's a 3-4 base...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The way Saban put it recently is, 3-4 is what we recruit to but it being our base is more of a technicality
I guess what's unsaid about that is that the Jack position is all important and is going to resemble the DE in a 4-3. This past season, we just didn't have the firepower at that position that we had with Dareus and Upshaw. It hurt us at times, particularly with TAMU, but we won a NC anyway...

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Just tweeted Rumph coming over at 5 to plan the weekend. Hope it pays big dividends with this kid.

@EddieVanderdoes: Coach Rumph coming over at 5 for an In Home and to see what's planned for this big weekend coming up!! #RTR ������

Last edited:

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
Sounds good. If the guy makes it to campus, it makes things very interesting.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
I read he'll announce his commitment at 8PM EST on NSD so that's late in the day and I hope UA's coaching staff is confident in him so we don't miss on anyone if he goes elsewhere.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I read he'll announce his commitment at 8PM EST on NSD so that's late in the day and I hope UA's coaching staff is confident in him so we don't miss on anyone if he goes elsewhere.
I have a feeling he will let all the staffs involved where he intends to go prior to his announcement so they can all make other plans.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
I have a feeling he will let all the staffs involved where he intends to go prior to his announcement so they can all make other plans.
Change of hearts can happen within seconds of announcing. I'm sure Massie told CNS that he was coming to UA until the last minute. It's rare that things like that happen but it can happen. Hope if he does lean to UA that it sticks with the announcement being so late

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
HS coach is on smashmouth right now with Rodney Orr. He says that distance won't be a factor and that his whole family is coming with him on the visit this weekend. Hopefully we roll out the red carpet and get this kid.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
HS coach is on smashmouth right now with Rodney Orr. He says that distance won't be a factor and that his whole family is coming with him on the visit this weekend. Hopefully we roll out the red carpet and get this kid.
We will and he will be blown away. The only thing for me is that Vanderdoes was not leaving Cali a month ago and now the prospect of living 3000 miles away from everything and everyone he knows may be too much. Don't forget the kid is 18 years old. If the family bond is strong he may just end up at UCLA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.