Link: 2013 CA DT Eddie Vanderdoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I hear 2nd or 3rd round in draft...would have been 1st if he had come to Bama. Wouldn't need two years of NFL coaching after college, he would get it in college.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I will also step up and eat crow... AS much as people close to the situation said that it was a two team race (ND, and UA), Eddie's Father apparently prefer him stay close to home and go to UCLA. Therefore, I will say I was wrong about UCLA being out of it. SO wrong, apparently, that I think they may be the front runner. If I were assigning percentages, it would look like this..

UCLA 50%
UA 30%
ND 20 %

Just not feeling good about this one today....

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
was hopeful of this one, but not as sure as others appeared to be.

Wishful thinking, but distance seems to be playing the deciding factor, as it is in a lot of cases with the families...I can especially understand from the west coast (it's hard to pull them this far)

Wish him well regardless of the outcome....

BUT, would still love to be suprised tomorrow!
;)

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
The reason I asked is that, with crunch time coming, a lot of "experts" feel that they have to jump off the ledge and make a prediction. The V. family has held everything so close to the vest, I'd be astounded if any "expert" really had anything concrete for anything other than a SWAG. Your info that he's in regular touch with the UCLA staff would outweigh anything coming from a website guru...
Is there even such a thing as a recruiting 'expert'?

It's just a guessing game at best, trying to piece together bits and pieces that might show an 18 year old is leaning one way or another.

It makes my head hurt!

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
This is a situation that I apparently knew nothing about, can you share some details?
The loss of Bobby Massie a couple years back. Went to bed the night before NSD solid as rock to Alabama, then presto-chango, he suddenly announced for Ole (Did You) Miss (That WAD I Just Placed on The Table?).

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
Eddie tweeted this, Tuesday morning.

EV4™ ‏@EddieVanderdoes Making my college decision silently and it's not gonna be easy tonight that's for sure. Now I'm ACTUALLY signing. #BigBoiStuff

Not sure what it means...but could mean he's signing his papers before his ceremony.
That says to me that signing day has actually come and he has to make a decision tonight with his family not that he has already put ink to paper. Otherwise why reference tonight?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
That says to me that signing day has actually come and he has to make a decision tonight with his family not that he has already put ink to paper. Otherwise why reference tonight?
I took it that he's making his decision tonight and signing tomorrow...

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I think after Cyrus announced for the Barn and then signed with the Tide a few days later has ESPN gunshy. I believe they require the recruit to fax his LOI prior to the announcing ceremony so there will not be a repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.