Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Orange Bowl rep to NIU: We didn't even want you here

Quote Originally Posted by BamainBoston View Post
    He's just saying they are victims of a system that made them play Louisville when they are the #3 team in the nation. Most competitors I know want to play the best.
    Then they should have won one more game. Simple fix.

They finished third... one spot behind the only two spots that matter. Sucks for them, but, frankly, that's their problem. It's not like they got relegated to the Music City Bowl.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    I seriously doubt if you were to ask any player on Florida's team... they'd say they were victims because they're having to play Louisville. They might not like the fact they're in the Sugar Bowl (a valid complaint), but the concept of them being victims is laughable.
    So how can you say they would not have rather played a top team or their fans paid to see a better game?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    So how can you say they would not have rather played a top team or their fans paid to see a better game?
    Anything short of the BCS Championship game was going to be a let-down for Florida fans. After that, well, they get what they get.

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Then they should have won one more game. Simple fix.

They finished third... one spot behind the only two spots that matter. Sucks for them, but, frankly, that's their problem. It's not like they got relegated to the Music City Bowl.
    Wait, so only the national championship should actually have the best teams in it? And people wonder why the bowl matchups are so bad. I fail to understand how Florida losing a game means that they shouldn't play a better team in the Sugar Bowl. They earned a Sugar Bowl matchup, and they deserve that matchup to be against a quality opponent.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=B1GTide;2076617]So you blame the BCS for letting in one team with which you disagree, but give it a pass with the other two? Okay.[/QUOTE Several teams shouldn't have been in the BCS. I'm not giving them a pass. Those are your words not mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Wait, so only the national championship should actually have the best teams in it? And people wonder why the bowl matchups are so bad. I fail to understand how Florida losing a game means that they shouldn't play a better team in the Sugar Bowl. They earned a Sugar Bowl matchup, and they deserve that matchup to be against a quality opponent.
    I'm saying the BCS was designed for that very purpose: To pit #1 and #2 against each other. You can have all the impressions about the system you want, but the fact remains it was never designed to do anything past getting the top two teams together.

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Last year more than half of the country screamed as Alabama was given a second chance at beating LSU in the BCSCG. How much did you care that they disagreed with the BCS? The BCS has been very kind to Alabama two years in a row. If I were an Alabama fan, I would try to overlook its minor problems.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm saying the BCS was designed for that very purpose: To pit #1 and #2 against each other. You can have all the impressions about the system you want, but the fact remains it was never designed to do anything past getting the top two teams together.
    I think we are talking past each other. We don't care about how the BCS was designed. We don't care about what the rules state. We aren't saying that Louisville or NIU or Wisconsin cheated or subverted the system to get into these games. We are saying that they don't deserve to be there and that a system that put them there is flawed and should be fixed.

BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Orange Bowl rep to NIU: We didn't even want you here

What you say is true. I think most people are just upset about the fact that the highest level bowl games are very rarely good matchups. They should put the best teams in the best bowls, not just the championship game. It will be interesting to see how the playoff works out.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we are talking past each other. We don't care about how the BCS was designed. We don't care about what the rules state. We aren't saying that Louisville or NIU or Wisconsin cheated or subverted the system to get into these games. We are saying that they don't deserve to be there and that a system that put them there is flawed and should be fixed.
    I'm not saying that at all. I have no problem with NIU being there. It impacts me in no way whatsoever. As long as #1 and #2 get put together, I don't really sweat the rest of the pairings. I'm watching regardless.

-Bill Belichick

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JPT4Bama View Post
    Go Huskies!
    Amen brother - I hope FSwhoo gets destroyed!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

Anything short of the BCS Championship game was going to be a let-down for Florida fans. After that, well, they get what they get.

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I agree with this post, but don't feel that a school like NIU should be sneered at in the process. They did what was asked of them. Can't we just be happy for them? This is, far and away, the best thing that ever happened to their program. Instead of being able to enjoy it, they have to deal with scorn and ridicule.