Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team Bluegrasstide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Re: Orange Bowl rep to NIU: We didn't even want you here

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Willing to bet Birmingham, Alabama is one of the top TV markets for this game when the ratings come out.
    Of course it will be, that is a no brainer, as it will for most other BCS bowls. But I am willing to bet the Birmingham would rather watch a SEC team that is deserving play in this bowl rather than a MAC team...

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrasstide View Post
    Of course it will be, that is a no brainer, as it will for most other BCS bowls. But I am willing to bet the Birmingham would rather watch a SEC team that is deserving play in this bowl rather than a MAC team...
    You indicated no one outside of the Midwest would want to watch a MAC team in a major bowl.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Split the FCS into 2 divisions for starters. Let them (CUSA, MAC, Sunbelt, WAC, Big East, MWC) have their own NC competition. The final top ten ranked teams get BCS bowls. Teams ranked 1-4 are in the playoffs and get 2 BCS bowls (rotated) teams ranked 5-10 get the remaining BCS bowls. Teams finishing outside the top 10 get what they get. As for the other division, I doubt anyone cares.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

You indicated no one outside of the Midwest would want to watch a MAC team in a major bowl.
    I am not trying to argue, but what I indicated was that no one, apart from the Midwest, would like to watch MAC teams in major bowls... I do not want to see Toledo in the Sugar Bowl, Miami OH in the Fiesta Bowl, or Bowling Green play on New Year's Day.

I am sorry if I was not clear. I am watching the game right now because that is the only football on. However, given a preference, I would rather be watching UGA/FSU or something similar. I suspect a lot of people would rather, as well.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree totally. If they consistently schedule and beat big name teams, fine. But no one, apart from Midwesterners, wants to watch the MAC in major bowls.
    The much bigger problem is that it gives minor FBS conferences leverage to demand a spot in the playoffs and a much bigger cut of the payout.

If NIU wins this game, expect 1 loss SEC teams to be left out of the playoffs in favor of undefeated MAC champions.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not trying to argue, but what I indicated was that no one, apart from the Midwest, would like to watch MAC teams in major bowls... I do not want to see Toledo in the Sugar Bowl, Miami OH in the Fiesta Bowl, or Bowling Green play on New Year's Day.

I am sorry if I was not clear. I am watching the game right now because that is the only football on. However, given a preference, I would rather be watching UGA/FSU or something similar. I suspect a lot of people would rather, as well.
    And there's the rub: You're still watching it because it's on, thus proving the teams really don't matter. I'm not trying to mess with you, but when people complain about the pairings of a game yet still watch them... the arguments kind of become moot at that point.

-Bill Belichick

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

And there's the rub: You're still watching it because it's on, thus proving the teams really don't matter. I'm not trying to mess with you, but when people complain about the pairings of a game yet still watch them... the arguments kind of become moot at that point.
    Sure. Enjoy the matchup. But, more importantly, Roll Tide.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

More people would watch this if it were a better matchup. And everyone would enjoy it more. Not sure why you are so committed to the idea of inferior bowl games, but preach on.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Before we crown NIU as TV ratings gold, let's wait and see how the ratings turn out. Yeah, regular posters on a college football forum are going to tune into the only bowl game available, but that's not saying much.

The ratings will probably be decent at first just because of the curiousity factor, but I expect the numbers to drop like a rock on in half hour interval.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamainBoston View Post
    More people would watch this if it were a better matchup. And everyone would enjoy it more. Not sure why you are so committed to the idea of inferior bowl games, but preach on.
    Because I don't have some lofty/self-created impression of what the BCS is.

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    They deserve to be there as much as Alabama deserves to be in the BCSCG. They followed the exact same set of rules.
    You are insanely wrong with that comment- by the way, how about removing your Ohio St. icon. People will think that you are nothing but a Buckeye with post like this one.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    This is an Alabama board, right? I was simply adding perspective. It was lost on you guys, so I failed.
    For the good of the thread, you should probably edit or delete your original post. A few new members that don't know you and haven't read through the thread where you clarified your comments are interpreting your original post wrong (especially after seeing your avatar).

For those of you that don't know B1GTide, he is a friend to the program. (I'll leave it to him to elaborate)
    Last edited by JeffAtlanta; January 1st, 2013 at 08:54 PM.

BamaNation All-American Crimson1967's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAtlanta View Post
    For those of you that don't know B1GTide, he is a friend to program. (I'll leave it to him to elaborate)
    He is Chris Carter?