View Poll Results: Should the BCS reward the BCS TOP 10 only?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES it is Fair

42 73.68%
  • No it is not fair

11 19.30%
  • I do not know

4 7.02%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team AgentAntiOrange's Avatar
    My Mood
    Suspicious on TideFans.com

Re: HOW the BCS should be?

I watch most all of the bowls BCS or not, Bama related or not. Just ask my wife.
    Be Good Or Be Gone

“I just put them on the coffee table for recruits to look at”
    -Coach Saban when asked if he wears his championship rings.

'Im sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football.
    -Andy Stiles, Sports Illustrated, after the 42-14 beat down of ND

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC

I'm not sure if "fair" is the best word choice as it is the system that all of the conferences agreed to. I think it has done a great job matching up #1 vs #2, which was its primary purpose.

It hasn't done as good with the other BCS bowls though. Except for the Fiesta Bowl, I don't think there are any other matchups with 2 top 10 teams.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    And, frankly, did you watch the last BCS game featuring Alabama that wasn't the championship game?
    Yes, but I've tried to forget it.

BamaNation All-American CoastGhost's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by IMALOYAL1 View Post
    Maybe they should limit teams like Alabama on how often they can play for the championship to be more fair to the smaller schools.
    Maybe an alphabetical rotation - just rotate the next two teams to play for the championship each year. I look forward to Harvard vs Memphis for all the marbles.

Suspended

The smaller schools need the money. It's as simple as that.
    What is your guys' problem? If you don't like it, don't watch it. But I don't see the problem in a school like NIU making money its conference.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by runatl View Post
    What is your guys' problem? If you don't like it, don't watch it. But I don't see the problem in a school like NIU making money its conference.
    The problem is whether the small conferences deserve the size of the pie that they're getting.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The smaller schools need the money.
    Why?
    The Concord Blue Devils, 16-Time World Champions: 2014 (99.65), 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, & 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

“The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

BamaNation Hall of Fame THE BAMA IRISHMAN's Avatar
    Hollywood Beach Gardens, Florida, United States
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Rewarding lesser teams BCS games is wrong period. The match-ups I provided would be what is suppose to happen. Where I work at I promote the best and pass out bonuses to those who excel. Why does the NCAA/BCS get it wrong by rewarding lesser teams and leaving teams like Texas A&M, LSU, and S. Carolina out of the picture. I have no problem with telling kids the truth and getting them in the real world. Rewards are for those who excel over all others. FSU, Wisconsin, Louisville, and others did not finish in the BCS Top 10. Too bad. We are teaching our children wrong. When they get to the next level and never play then reality sets in. They wonder why no one told them the truth about their chances in sports.

My Mood

Those teams like NIU will have to settle for bowls other than the BCS. Texas A&M, LSU, and S. Carolina all finished in the Top 10 of the BCS but are left out due to conference tie ins and BCS busters. Ridiculous. Now that Utah and TCU are in better conferences you will not see them near any BCS bowls. NCAA/BCS are bad teachers of rewarding the best.

My Mood

"Originally Posted by runatl .
    What is your guys' problem? If you don't like it, don't watch it. But I don't see the problem in a school like NIU making money its conference."

Not sure you understand. Tonight the Orange Bowl Committee is reporting lost revenue and the stadium is only 65 percent full of FSU fans. You do not see the problem? Seriously how about making an intelligent argument on why NIU deserves to go more than Texas A&M, LSU, and S. Carolina who all finished in the BCS Top 10. Do not get an attitude and fail to defend your position. Now I will ask you once more. What argument? What is your retort? Why is it OK to overlook better teams who earned it. WELL!
    Last edited by THE BAMA IRISHMAN; January 1st, 2013 at 10:00 PM.

My Mood

Provide a good argument. Why should NIU get a BCS over Texas A&M, LSU, and S. Carolina who finished in the BCS Top 10? Why should they get a lesser bowl? Just provide a good argument. Forget the attitude about watching the games. If the BCS/NCAA got it right there would be not discussion. If The BCS got it right the ratings and stadiums would be full.

My Mood

Lets say you and two other people come in my office and you are the most qualified and for some reason I decide to hire the lesser qualified worker over you. Now I am paying for someone who is less qualified. Why would I do that. I would not. But yet you are saying its OK to hire a lesser qualified individual. Do not tell me its different. The Orange Bowl Committee wanted Oklahoma or Texas A&M and got a mess and lost revenue. Just look at the Stands in the Orange Bowl tonight. Come Monday Look at the Stands and the money that arrived in Miami. I dare you to say its not about the money. Bowl committees hate the BCS when things like this happen. FSU nor NIU should be in a BCS.

My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Quite frankly, the BCS should look like this:

Alabama vs Notre Dame BCSNCG - 1 vs. 2 - and they got that right.

Everything else is inconsequential.
    Not if Alabama had been in the Sugar Bowl would this be inconsequential. I doubt you put much thought into this accept you just saw Alabama at the top.