View Poll Results: Should the BCS reward the BCS TOP 10 only?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES it is Fair

42 73.68%
  • No it is not fair

11 19.30%
  • I do not know

4 7.02%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BamaNation All-American

Re: HOW the BCS should be?

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonChuck View Post
    NIU being in there was a joke. The sports media and pollsters conspired to jump them way too many places off of their win against Kent St., much like they conspired against Georgia in 2007.
    How did the pollsters conspire against UGA in 2007? Ohio State was #1 and LSU was the SEC champion. UGA had no claim to the top 2.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Was this resolved?
    RIP Hub

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rizolltizide View Post
    Was this resolved?
    Is anything ever resolved on the internet?

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Is anything ever resolved on the internet?
    Shoot. We solve all the world's prollems.
    RIP Hub

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rizolltizide View Post
    Shoot. We solve all the world's prollems.
    Wrong board...you've confused this with NS.
    The Concord Blue Devils, 16-Time World Champions: 2014 (99.65), 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, & 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

“The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

The PTB are going about this all wrong. Before they "fix" the way an FBS champion is crowned, they should first "fix" the FBS. There are way, way too many teams in the FBS. There are 120+ teams in the FBS. There are more FBS teams than than FCS teams. The FCS playoffs started with four teams, what is it going too be next year...24 ? If the NCAA simply raised the minimum attendance requirements to 40K they could cull half the FBS teams. If they raised it to 50K, they could cull two-thirds. Games like NIU-FSU wouldn't happen in the first place because they'd be in different divisions. Teams like Alabama and Akron shouldn't be playing for the same crown anymore than a 250 lb. heavyweight should be boxing a 110 lb. flyweight for a boxing crown.
    If one-third of the FBS teams are left...that's 40 teams. It's a lot easier to form a playoff with 40 teams than 120. Now the NCAA is trying too figure out how to form some sort of playoff and be "fair" to the 80 teams that shouldn't even be there in the first place.

I know a lot of schools wouldn't like it, but as Si would say..."That's the way it is...Jack". hahaha
    If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

FB | REC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mittman View Post
    I voted not sure. Knowing Alabama's history kind of softens my stance on schools like NIU getting a chance to play big time programs. I understand the arguments against them and agree with them, but we were there once.
    When ?
    "I know there's tremendous expectations here for what you would like to accomplish with this football program . I can tell you that however you feel about it , I have even higher expectations for what we want to accomplish . I want to win every game we play ." - Nick Saban 1/4/07

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

I think he was referring to the 1926 Rose Bowl.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner