DE Chris Jones Updates (Miss. State Commitment)

Eshad

3rd Team
Jun 20, 2007
I saw him play in the AL-MS all star game, and Andrew Bone seems really high on him. Did we offer him?

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Re: Chris Jones-DLineman

He's a Miss St commit. I don't think he's high on our radar with other big names still looming in front of him...

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL

He said he was gonna go home after the UA game and talk to his parents about officials. I think he will stick with MSU in the end, but you never know.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

I would imagine it depends on how the walker situation works out, if walker flips I would think we put the full court press on him. Is that about right?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

I would imagine it depends on how the walker situation works out, if walker flips I would think we put the full court press on him. Is that about right?
Kind of getting back to what RTO has above, Jones isn't really an issue of space, we would almost certainly take him regardless.

The big issue with him is that he kind of blew up late and we didn't really get on him until recently. We'll see how it plays out, but those are the breaks. You always get some kids who really surge late, and you try to identify them as soon as possible, but obviously that is tough to do. We found a gem in the rough in that regard with Darius Paige, though in hindsight I wish we could have done the same with Jones.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

Looks like he's really impressed scouts and players. If he doesnt flip to Bama I hope he sticks with MSU. I'd hate to see Auburn get him.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

His main recruiter at MSU took the same job at UGA. Things may get interesting with Jones.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Everything out there is even if he takes visits he will end up at MSU. They have done a great job recruiting him and building a relationship that I doubt anyone can make up in time.
what helps there, is that Mullen hasnt exactly been great at holding onto recruits late in the recruiting process. He's lost a few to ole miss in the past. Hopefully we can flip him.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

His main recruiter at MSU took the same job at UGA. Things may get interesting with Jones.
If we can get a visit from him then we've got a shot. At this point I don't see how any recruit wanting to be successful in college and get prepared for the next level would turn down the opportunity to come to Alabama. I love late bloomers...sure would have another one like Wallace Gilberry.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Andrew Bone ‏@AndrewJBone
#MSU commitment Chris Jones told me moments ago he has yet to decide it he will take any other visits. Will talk with family about it.

A HS coach in Miss. had this to say this afternoon:

"Jones entire football H.S. football staff are msu fans They have sheltered him from schools outside msu. He not allowed to flip."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.