Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Recipes
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Re: retribution really did work! (Clowney sack / fumble)

Quote Originally Posted by pensacolabay View Post
    I don't think calling that a "sack" quite describes what happened. I thought for a moment
    that the runners head was still in the helmet as it rolled across the field
    I did to! LOL! Also, the hit sounded like a car crashing into another car. That will be the leading candidate for hit of the year in 2013. It's going to take a vicious hit to top that.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American 2003TIDE's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    It's going to take a vicious hit to top that.
    The one the Stanford safety put on the Wisconsin WR has to be up there too.

Quote Originally Posted by 2003TIDE View Post
    The one the Stanford safety put on the Wisconsin WR has to be up there too.
    Yep. Used his shoulder also vice his head/helmet. Very clean hard hit the way it should be done.

BamaNation All-SEC tidefanbeezer's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I did to! LOL! Also, the hit sounded like a car crashing into another car. That will be the leading candidate for hit of the year in 2013. It's going to take a vicious hit to top that.
    That was an amazing hit and it sounded more like a movie sound effect than an actual noise. Brutal.

As fun as it is to watch CLowney play, it would be much more fun had he signed with Bama....

BamaNation All-SEC

It was a lousy spot to start with. Shouldn't have been close enough to even need a measurement. And yes, the guy was wrong about what the rule is. No way that should happen ever. I've seen that happen from from pee wee flag football to the NFL. It wasn't a first down.
    Roll Tide

Re: retrobution really did work!

It seems I have seen nfl games where the measurement is to close to call and the ref pulled an index looking card from his pocket to slide it between the football and the stick to see if the nose is touching the area of the stick. Seems unbelievable, but clowney rectified the situation. I thought the ole ball coach blew a gasket.
    Roll Tide

PS That play reminded me of Biscuits' hit on Berlein (sp?). Looked it up on you tube afterward.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar

That call eclipses the Preston Gothard call as the worst of all time. In my opinion there is simply no way that guy was not either suffering some sort of mental breakdown or was absolutely paid off. Someone should do a background check or a medical check on that guy, or both.
    BS 1989

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by bamaslammer View Post
    That call eclipses the Preston Gothard call as the worst of all time. In my opinion there is simply no way that guy was not either suffering some sort of mental breakdown or was absolutely paid off. Someone should do a background check or a medical check on that guy, or both.
    what made it stink more was the guy in the booth agreed with him
    "You don't have to have a good memory if you are truthful"

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobmack12champs View Post
    what made it stink more was the guy in the booth agreed with him
    It's my understanding that only the location of the spot is reviewable, the ref actually haveing a mental breakdown or being dyslexic and not understanding the nose of the ball has to touch or exceed the bar to be a first down is not reviewable. Perhaps their needs to be a catch all "ref has lost his mind" review.
    BS 1989

It's my understanding that only the location of the spot is reviewable, the ref actually haveing a mental breakdown or being dyslexic and not understanding the nose of the ball has to touch or exceed the bar to be a first down is not reviewable. Perhaps their needs to be a catch all "ref has lost his mind" review.
    You are correct. The booth review was of the spot not the measurement.

BamaNation First Team Alabama22's Avatar

Incredibly bad call. Without a doubt, one of the worst I have ever seen...especially since the booth agreed with the ref on the field. I hope the officials in the BCS Championship Game are much better than those in the South Carolina/Michigan game.

BamaNation First Team Alabama22's Avatar

LOL!!!