retribution really did work! (Clowney sack / fumble)

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Re: retrobution really did work!

That call eclipses the Preston Gothard call as the worst of all time. In my opinion there is simply no way that guy was not either suffering some sort of mental breakdown or was absolutely paid off. Someone should do a background check or a medical check on that guy, or both.

bobmack12champs

1st Team
Mar 1, 2001
Florence, Al. USA

That call eclipses the Preston Gothard call as the worst of all time. In my opinion there is simply no way that guy was not either suffering some sort of mental breakdown or was absolutely paid off. Someone should do a background check or a medical check on that guy, or both.
what made it stink more was the guy in the booth agreed with him

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

what made it stink more was the guy in the booth agreed with him
It's my understanding that only the location of the spot is reviewable, the ref actually haveing a mental breakdown or being dyslexic and not understanding the nose of the ball has to touch or exceed the bar to be a first down is not reviewable. Perhaps their needs to be a catch all "ref has lost his mind" review.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

It's my understanding that only the location of the spot is reviewable, the ref actually haveing a mental breakdown or being dyslexic and not understanding the nose of the ball has to touch or exceed the bar to be a first down is not reviewable. Perhaps their needs to be a catch all "ref has lost his mind" review.
You are correct. The booth review was of the spot not the measurement.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Incredibly bad call. Without a doubt, one of the worst I have ever seen...especially since the booth agreed with the ref on the field. I hope the officials in the BCS Championship Game are much better than those in the South Carolina/Michigan game.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama

LOL!!!

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012

I have a feeling that if he did that hit in the NFL, it would be a 15 yard penalty, and a fine. Sad but true..

cthill

Oct 18, 2009
Remember back several years ago, we lost to TN because the nose of the football was one chain link away from the 1st down....It was closer that day than it was yesterday. That call was unbelievable.

Tider4653golf

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 29, 2010
SEC has been getting hosed on calls in every game, I dont expect it to change monday night, gona have to beat ND and the zebras!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.