Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team Bamatim15's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nebraska QB Taylor Martinez Still Respects The Big Ten More Than The SEC

Does that mean the huskers wanted to lose? After all that's what they did. I didn't see the whole game but did he take a shot to the head?

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bamatim15 View Post
    Does that mean the huskers wanted to lose? After all that's what they did. I didn't see the whole game but did he take a shot to the head?
    Now that you mention it, he kept trying to go toe-to-toe with S. Williams. Anytime a QB tries to take on a defender 25+ pounds more than him, he may have some mental issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by dayhiker View Post
    I wonder what NU's vaunted pass defense thinks after the game.
    I think I heard they were #1 in pass defense at 150/game but gave up over 400 to GA.

Seeing his comments makes me wonder a) he did have a head injury like some have said or b) he is not intelligent. For him to say there is a lot more talent in the Big 10 and their defenses are better it has to be one or the other.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That's sour grapes stuff. Kinda like..."Yeah they killed us but they're still not as good as we are"...

Any team that gave up 70 points to the Wisconsin offense I saw yesterday shouldn't be allowed to call themselves a defense at all.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

Nebraska QB Taylor Martinez Still Respects The Big Ten More Than The SEC

What has he accomplished again?! Anyone? If I lost I would just accept defeat and move on.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

I see Nebraska has fully integrated into the culture of the Big Ten. Well done, Huskers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    I think I heard they were #1 in pass defense at 150/game but gave up over 400 to GA.
    That was my point.

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Nebraska QB Taylor Martinez Still Respects The Big Ten More Than The SEC

Once again, talk is cheap. If he had won then he might have an argument. When UGa turned it on, the Huskers had no shot. Most of the time they appeared a little flat.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Asleep on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    Georiga is no where near the best defense the SEC has too offer..But..They were good enough to beat The Huskers..Some student athletes just shouldn't be able to talk to the media..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

"I think the Big Ten, talent-wise, is a lot better, and the defenses in the Big Ten are better than SEC defenses," Martinez said. "This was supposed to be one of the top defenses in the SEC, and we pretty much did anything we wanted against them."
    we pretty much did anything we wanted against them." Yeah except win the game.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by dayhiker View Post
    That was my point.
    I know, just backing it up with the stats. Martinez is an idiot.

BamaNation First Team Rolltide_PA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    "we pretty much did anything we wanted against them."
    except outscore them

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

I think the Big Ten, talent-wise, is a lot better, and the defenses in the Big Ten are better than SEC defenses
    What I get from this is, "we're better than them, we just didn't beat them." I guess Taylor Martinez doesn't realize the SEC is 4-2 in bowl games against the Big 10 over the past 2 seasons. And just for fun, Alabama is 4-0 against the Big 10 since 2010.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

UGA was without Jenkins, and bama provided the blueprint to beat UGA.
    “There's not too much to say. Alabama thoroughly beat us. They are a better team. They were coached better, they played better, and they looked like they will have a big season. They have a heck of a team.”
    Steve Spurrier