Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: Nebraska QB Taylor Martinez Still Respects The Big Ten More Than The SEC

Come play in Titletown and talk that mess big boy!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Nebraska QB Taylor Martinez Still Respects The Big Ten More Than The SEC

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    UGA was without Jenkins, and bama provided the blueprint to beat UGA.
    And they still couldn't do it!

This reminds me of Lamar Thomas still dissing our DBs after having been made a fool of...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    Daring on TideFans.com

He has a point, Wisconsin did put up 70 on them. UGA could only muster up 45 points.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

DEFENSE is the joke at Nebraska. Ga. putting 45 on em says they just play catch out there. Ga. was not the same team that played very well against Alabama. Everybody probably took notice of Nebraska's lack of class. The Saban rule of who can address the press is a good rule. Neb. should consider doing something similar.

BamaNation All-American
    Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    I see Nebraska has fully integrated into the culture of the Big Ten. Well done, Huskers.
    Exactly! We proclaim to be better than everyone so it must be true is the big ten culture.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

IIRC, late in the game didn't Georgia hit a receiver right in the hands in the end zone and he dropped it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    That's sour grapes stuff. Kinda like..."Yeah they killed us but they're still not as good as we are"...

Any team that gave up 70 points to the Wisconsin offense I saw yesterday shouldn't be allowed to call themselves a defense at all.
    Sip, don't forget the old standby, "they weren't that good, we just beat ourselves". What would you expect from a team with a nut case for a HC?
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

you know i hate to be sterotypical about anything, but TM's remarks pretty much reflect how a good many Husker fans think. I've lived in nebraska for the past 5 years and I would rather be in alabama arguing with barners than argueing with husker fans. Take this for example, before the OSU game they were talking up a storm on how great they were in "dominating" Wisconsin ( in reality Wisconsin gave up a 20 point lead due being over conservative), and then when they got trounced by OSU they were literaly passing out petitions in omaha to get the B1G and NCAA to annul that loss due to OSU being inelligable. Then after they were whooped in the B1G championship they were calling for a rematch saying that they needed to break the tie because wisconsin was undeserving of being in the Rose Bowl with 5 losses. Then their fans have grudges against random teams such as LSU, SDkst, Arkansas, Rutgers, and Wisconsin even before the B1G realingment. so Martinez mouthing stupidity doesn't suprise me and Ill stand by the fact that UGA was without Jenkins.
    “There's not too much to say. Alabama thoroughly beat us. They are a better team. They were coached better, they played better, and they looked like they will have a big season. They have a heck of a team.”
    Steve Spurrier

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    UGA was without Jenkins, and bama provided the blueprint to beat UGA.

throw in Bennett, Mitchell, and Brown who were all out for the game. the score could have been worse for Nebraska.

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    throw in Bennett, Mitchell, and Brown who were all out for the game. the score could have been worse for Nebraska.
    yes indeed.
    “There's not too much to say. Alabama thoroughly beat us. They are a better team. They were coached better, they played better, and they looked like they will have a big season. They have a heck of a team.”
    Steve Spurrier

BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

First off, consider the source and then tell him to ask Denard Robinson how he feels about SEC teams having played two this year and been battered by both!!
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood

Gee, if Nebraska had any kind of defense it seems to me like they would have won the game.

We scored 32 against Georgia; Nebraska scored 31.

And Georgia:
    a) does not have an elite defense (a decent one, but not great)
    b) has flopped repeatedly in bowl games over the past 30 years or more (insert 2006 Sugar Bowl reference here)
    c) played its toughest game of the year since Nebraska played its last one

My goodness, is we want to have an atomistic argument, Tennessee scored 44 points off the Bulldogs - or about as many as the Dawgs got against the Big Red.

Incidentally, even in the TWO BLOWOUT LOSSES Nebraska had (63 points to Ohio St, 70 to Wisconsin), the Cornshuckers STILL scored 38 and 31 points respectively.

If we had scored 31 points every single game........we'd be undefeated. If they had scored 31 in every game......they would STILL have the four losses they had.

So what's he talking about?
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again

Only a few people in the world have the ability to remember everything. I'm one of them. Pick any day of my life, and I can tell you what I saw or heard.