Link: Nebraska QB Taylor Martinez Still Respects The Big Ten More Than The SEC

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Once again, talk is cheap. If he had won then he might have an argument. When UGa turned it on, the Huskers had no shot. Most of the time they appeared a little flat.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Georiga is no where near the best defense the SEC has too offer..But..They were good enough to beat The Huskers..Some student athletes just shouldn't be able to talk to the media..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

"I think the Big Ten, talent-wise, is a lot better, and the defenses in the Big Ten are better than SEC defenses," Martinez said. "This was supposed to be one of the top defenses in the SEC, and we pretty much did anything we wanted against them."
we pretty much did anything we wanted against them." Yeah except win the game.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
I think the Big Ten, talent-wise, is a lot better, and the defenses in the Big Ten are better than SEC defenses
What I get from this is, "we're better than them, we just didn't beat them." I guess Taylor Martinez doesn't realize the SEC is 4-2 in bowl games against the Big 10 over the past 2 seasons. And just for fun, Alabama is 4-0 against the Big 10 since 2010.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
DEFENSE is the joke at Nebraska. Ga. putting 45 on em says they just play catch out there. Ga. was not the same team that played very well against Alabama. Everybody probably took notice of Nebraska's lack of class. The Saban rule of who can address the press is a good rule. Neb. should consider doing something similar.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
That's sour grapes stuff. Kinda like..."Yeah they killed us but they're still not as good as we are"...

Any team that gave up 70 points to the Wisconsin offense I saw yesterday shouldn't be allowed to call themselves a defense at all.
Sip, don't forget the old standby, "they weren't that good, we just beat ourselves". What would you expect from a team with a nut case for a HC?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
you know i hate to be sterotypical about anything, but TM's remarks pretty much reflect how a good many Husker fans think. I've lived in nebraska for the past 5 years and I would rather be in alabama arguing with barners than argueing with husker fans. Take this for example, before the OSU game they were talking up a storm on how great they were in "dominating" Wisconsin ( in reality Wisconsin gave up a 20 point lead due being over conservative), and then when they got trounced by OSU they were literaly passing out petitions in omaha to get the B1G and NCAA to annul that loss due to OSU being inelligable. Then after they were whooped in the B1G championship they were calling for a rematch saying that they needed to break the tie because wisconsin was undeserving of being in the Rose Bowl with 5 losses. Then their fans have grudges against random teams such as LSU, SDkst, Arkansas, Rutgers, and Wisconsin even before the B1G realingment. so Martinez mouthing stupidity doesn't suprise me and Ill stand by the fact that UGA was without Jenkins.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
First off, consider the source and then tell him to ask Denard Robinson how he feels about SEC teams having played two this year and been battered by both!!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Gee, if Nebraska had any kind of defense it seems to me like they would have won the game.

We scored 32 against Georgia; Nebraska scored 31.

And Georgia:
a) does not have an elite defense (a decent one, but not great)
b) has flopped repeatedly in bowl games over the past 30 years or more (insert 2006 Sugar Bowl reference here)
c) played its toughest game of the year since Nebraska played its last one

My goodness, is we want to have an atomistic argument, Tennessee scored 44 points off the Bulldogs - or about as many as the Dawgs got against the Big Red.

Incidentally, even in the TWO BLOWOUT LOSSES Nebraska had (63 points to Ohio St, 70 to Wisconsin), the Cornshuckers STILL scored 38 and 31 points respectively.

If we had scored 31 points every single game........we'd be undefeated. If they had scored 31 in every game......they would STILL have the four losses they had.

So what's he talking about?

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Here's the deal: TM knows he has to play in the B1G next year, he has to make nice so the other teams don't have bulletin board material. On the other hand, he is hoping he doesn't have to play another SEC team... ever.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.