Dennis Dodd: Current Alabama run = the best dynasty ever?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Yes, the same Dennis Dodd who retroactively took back our last two national titles under four-team playoff scenarios now has us the greatest dynasty ever. Well if really believes that then why did he take our titles away in theory? Should I guess he's one of those who writes columns both ways so whatever happens he can say he's right?

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Maybe its just me, but I have an issue with USC in 2003. how can you be awarded the NC when you didn't even played the title game??? did Michigan know that they were involved in an NC game?? :rolleye2:

the AP is not the BCS. that's the reason why the BCS was concieved. I realize the controversy surrounding the final votes in the AP and Coaches's Poll, but the fact remains that the crystal ball is in Baton Rouge not in L.A. period.

I guess when I watched the LSU/OK NC game, it was really something else?? :cool2:

and one more thing, USC won the 2004 BCSNC, but was later stripped. so essentially and technically USC does not have 1 BCSNC title. zero.

Bottom line, I would like to have USC remove from all his dynasty chatter. they played in 2 consecutive BCSNCG in 2004-05. that was a watershed moment in their history. winning 1 and losing 1. that does not constitute a dynasty, no matter many how wins you accumulated during those 3-4 years( esp. playing in the PAC 12) Boise St. has an impressive win record over the last 5 years, are they a dynasty??

off my rant. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.